Author Topic: UPS woes  (Read 433 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
UPS woes
« on: October 18, 2024, 10:31:49 AM »
Has UPS been terrible for anyone else?  Our depot can't fit all of the boxes on the truck, so we are only getting a portion of our orders everyday.  It has been killing us on rush jobs or mistakes we have to fix because we just can't depend on them anymore.  Stuff can be delayed anywhere from 1-3 days.

Fedex hasn't been much better.

I will say it's not the drivers for either.  It's the depot.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: UPS woes
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2024, 10:40:48 AM »
We have almost stopped doing rush orders if it comes UPS.....we used to get drop offs at 11:00 am now it's 1-3pm if we are lucky and I agree FedX was much better but they have slacked off big time as well, the problem I think is drivers.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2024, 10:47:29 AM »
Deliveries have been pretty good for us.  However we just had 7 boxes out of a 9 box shipment get destroyed in transit, UPS considered them a total loss and disposed of the goods.  We get to fill out a claim form and gotta rush replacements to the client.  I wonder what that accident could have been.  It was expensive stuff, I hope we get fully reimbursed.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2024, 11:03:22 AM »
Deliveries have been pretty good for us.  However we just had 7 boxes out of a 9 box shipment get destroyed in transit, UPS considered them a total loss and disposed of the goods.  We get to fill out a claim form and gotta rush replacements to the client.  I wonder what that accident could have been.  It was expensive stuff, I hope we get fully reimbursed.

How can UPS make that call on goods that they don't own, our guys will bring the box or boxes in and let us see the damage and we open it right there while there standing here, then we can accept or not accept.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2024, 11:04:56 AM »

I hope it works out. I have a friend that does airplane insurance and they shipped a $60,000 engine via UPS freight.  UPS lost it and sent them a check for $100 because that's all UPS will reimburse uninsured shipments for.

Maybe regular UPS has a higher value per package, I don't know.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2024, 11:15:45 AM »
Didn't they both negotiate new contracts not too long ago? We used to get Fed Ex about 9:00 AM. Now some days they deliver when they pick up which is 3:30. That doesn't help much when we tell a team we can print and ship their championship merch the next day. And I've had a few times in the last few month where Fed Ex didn't even pick up. That adds an hour on to my already long day running boxes that have to go out to the hub. I think I almost made my rep cry. Neither seem  to care about service anymore.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2024, 11:27:31 AM »
Missing boxes all the time but what's worse for us are missing items from vendors. Almost every order......it's exhausting, shuffling jobs around due to a missing shirt. Nothing is what it used to be pre covid...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2024, 11:36:51 AM »
Here's what the tracking info looked like, they haven't given us a reason for the total loss.  I'm guessing water or fire damage? 

I'm also not expecting more than the $100 per box...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2024, 01:28:42 PM »
Oh uPS and Fedex here...UGH..

1 day from Fedex, well they deliver here after we close. So then I may get it the next day or the day after.

UPS, every day something missing or delayed, and add that to the suppliers not packing correctly...

EVERY DAMN DAY.

Like homer says - the freakin shuffling

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2024, 01:59:28 PM »
We've been lucky. Our vendors fill orders nearly perfect. IF THEY HAVE THE PRODUCT.  I am waiting on 5 5XL polos from Sanmar that I ordered in June.  I couldn't get long sleeve safety tees in 100% poly a couple weeks back.