Author Topic: I have a tough small project. Thoughts?  (Read 675 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
I have a tough small project. Thoughts?
« on: October 07, 2024, 07:28:40 PM »
I have a tough one for you.

This is a Yeti rubber molded item that a customer wants imprinted on. Tried UV DTF and also DTV with white adhesive vinyl but didn’t work.

We are looking at heat applied PVC patches or HTV as an option. We feel this material will hold up to 270 -280 degrees. Not sure if max temp. We have an item to test on.

I’m thinking that there might be somone who we can contract these to (regardless of price) for the quantity.

We are expecting low quantities on this. About 12 for the first run if we can get them to stay well. Then 24 or more at a time. We want to nail this down only because there is another order for a good sized Emb order that goes with it and is repeat business.

Anyone ever do anything like these and do you have suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 09:08:57 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline zanegun08

Re: I have a tough small project. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2024, 12:34:22 AM »
Glue the PVC Patch or Embroidered Patch to it.

You can't sew it, heat is your enemy, glue is your friend.

Works best if you huff it first.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 09:38:59 AM »
Would a printed decal be too cheese?

Know anyone with a UV flatbed printer? As long as you can get the height clearance for the head to go by that ink should work perfectly.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2024, 10:07:34 AM »
If Yeti has a print anywhere on it then yes but if you don't see a Yeti print on it it might be something that won't take any kind of ink print, dumb idea here make a stencil and paint it
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2024, 11:32:23 AM »
Look into this

https://www.orafol.com/en/americas/products/orajet-3105ht

Applications   
Long-term graphic applications, markings and decorations with the highest degree of outdoor brilliance and durability. Especially designed for hard-to-stick, low-energy plastics (like polyethylene and polypropylene) with a smooth or slightly textured flat surface such as kayaks, ATVs, coolers and porta-johns.

I used it along time ago to put on coolers like this. I never heard anything back that they were coming off or any issues, but I would also test it out for yourself before doing the whole job.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2024, 12:13:03 PM »
Thank you all!   We will look into your suggested options!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2024, 12:54:21 PM »
Glue the PVC Patch or Embroidered Patch to it.

You can't sew it, heat is your enemy, glue is your friend.

Works best if you huff it first.

Do you remember what type of glue was used? Any specifics on that?