screen printing > General Screen Printing

More newbie questions and why.

(1/3) > >>

farmboygraphics:
For most of my 20+ years doing this, the majority has been 1 to 3 color prints.
More and more orders are requiring some form of process printing, which I enjoy and I'm not jumping on the transfer band wagon.
Everything (6 color Diamondback) here is paid for and I intend to use it and learn how to use it better.
Right now I'm using clear film and stock Epson ink in an Epson T3270 and using a new LED unit for screens.
My hope is to print and hold better halftones with the above equipment and I'd love any recommendations before
sampling every film under the sun. As much as I'm opposed to putting anything but OEM inks in the printer, I'm open to suggestions.
Thank you :-)

tonypep:
Switching to all black in cartridges will yield a denser dot.

balloonguy:
What RIP are you using? I have the same printer with GORIP. It works on mac. I don’t love it though. I have to dial in my settings but I am finding anything over 40 lpi is too dark.
I am testing a ryonet LED exposure. I am not sure I love that either. I have been using an M&R 3140 for years. I just put a new bulb in… I am trying to see if I can dial the LED times in as like we did with the older exposure. I think the speed of the LED makes the window a lot smaller and harder to get perfect.

farmboygraphics:

--- Quote from: balloonguy on September 11, 2024, 11:02:33 AM ---What RIP are you using? I have the same printer with GORIP. It works on mac. I don’t love it though. I have to dial in my settings but I am finding anything over 40 lpi is too dark.
I am testing a ryonet LED exposure. I am not sure I love that either. I have been using an M&R 3140 for years. I just put a new bulb in… I am trying to see if I can dial the LED times in as like we did with the older exposure. I think the speed of the LED makes the window a lot smaller and harder to get perfect.

--- End quote ---

I'm using Accurip Black Pearl.
Also using Ulano Orange, coating 1/1 sharp edge on S-mesh. Using a brand new Light Speed LED exposure unit.

whitewater:
I use a printer that prints films, the brand changes when I need a new one. I use photoshop to sep  halftones.I just make it as black as I can, with whatever setting I saw on the birds here a bunch of years ago. A Lawson Nova-QS litebox, and Maurakami HPV Emulsion.

Halftones come out great..

Watch, because I said that, they will suck from now on...LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version