screen printing > Equipment

Tri-loc worth it

(1/2) > >>

TL:
We currently do not use M&R Tri-loc for screen registration for our autos because a salesperson told me a few years ago that it's not worth it unless you also have CTS(we do not).  Is this correct or would tri-loc still improve setup times even with manual film placement?

zanegun08:
no.

Evo:
With a press adjusted as close to perfect as possible and if the art/screen departments are in sync...

maybe?

Tri-Loc depends heavily on all steps in the art-to-press chain being optimized. Once one step in the chain slacks off it all falls apart pretty quick.

It has definite benefits for screens that are catalogued and re-used, especially on jobs with lots of colors. (assuming the press is DIALED)

Nation03:
Mine collects dust. Too much film shifting during the exposing process it seems. It sometimes would work perfectly on my old press, but on an Anatol Volt, no dice. I ended up making my own version of that rapid reg template and just line up jobs with that. Takes slightly longer but I almost never have to adjust anything after the first test print. I'll probably sell my triloc soon. I thought about keeping it around because I was considering adding the cheaper Exile CTS, but even with that I don't think it would work well on my press. The screen holders like to push the screen into the jig a little too hard so I think that causes some flex and misalignment.

I'd say if you have everything dialed in, definitely worth it. Personally, if I was starting over, I'd get an MHM press and CTS and call it a day.

mk162:
The bullseye system we ran back in 2013ish was pretty good.  We modified it so it worked better. It didn't use any carrier sheets and it was surprisingly accurate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version