screen printing > General Screen Printing

How do you work out printing times?

(1/2) > >>

Maxie:
We have never planned production by writing down printing times before printing, we do write down how long it took after printing.
How do you work out production times before printing?    I thought of making tables, quantity X no of colours plus set up and tear down times.
I asume I'd need tables for one person printing or one with a remover.
Other option is to guess?
We have everything listed in Monday, just need to add a column with printing times.

whitewater:
Im not sure there is a way to do that accurately. We do after printing like you. The. after a bit, we can see about how long it takes to do a job. And when the staff put in times on Monday, they would write a brief description if anything took longer than normal and why.

Only thing is, there are so many variables that can delay or make a print run take more time.

When I put the schedule out, its based on approx times from similar jobs in the past. And also from myself printing for years, I sort of know how long it SHOULD take to finish.

Left chest is faster than a full back.. Just a lot of variables to keep track of and in a spreadsheet.

But if you find something that works, please share..LOL!

Homer:
Like Rob, based on previous orders. HOWEVER -  it's always those "quick easy fast jobs" that suck the life out of us. Black print on safety green Ts? -cool, rip it, turn n burn..... NOPE. screen pops. Ink goes everywhere, need new pallet tape, squeegie has a nick in it, someone miscounted....all the fun stuff, so just like everyone else - we guess. 

farmboygraphics:

--- Quote from: Homer on August 15, 2024, 12:24:54 PM ---Like Rob, based on previous orders. HOWEVER -  it's always those "quick easy fast jobs" that suck the life out of us. Black print on safety green Ts? -cool, rip it, turn n burn..... NOPE. screen pops. Ink goes everywhere, need new pallet tape, squeegie has a nick in it, someone miscounted....all the fun stuff, so just like everyone else - we guess.

--- End quote ---

Or (at least for me) you have a job that refuses to register. I've had 4 or 5 colors design that line up fast and 2 or 3 colors that take waaaaay too long.

mk162:

--- Quote from: Homer on August 15, 2024, 12:24:54 PM ---Like Rob, based on previous orders. HOWEVER -  it's always those "quick easy fast jobs" that suck the life out of us. Black print on safety green Ts? -cool, rip it, turn n burn..... NOPE. screen pops. Ink goes everywhere, need new pallet tape, squeegie has a nick in it, someone miscounted....all the fun stuff, so just like everyone else - we guess.

--- End quote ---

I feel seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version