Classified Ads > Commercial listings

M&R Blue Max stretcher

(1/3) > >>

Sbrem:
I was in helping clean out our old shop and we have a Blue Max air stretcher that someone can have for free if they want to pay the freight or drive here to get it. Otherwise, it will be thrown out in the next week or so. Our 26 year old MHM 10/12 is being dismantled for scrap. Really crazy to me though, is a 6 year old Interchange MD-8 also went for scrap, as the new owner couldn't find a buyer. But anyway, if someone needs a stretcher, it's free!

Steve

mk162:
Crap, that's crazy. Our MD-8 is 15 years old and running great, that would have made a fantastic oven for someone.

Sbrem:
I know, it's mind boggling. I'm thinking I've retired at the right time. The guy who bought our company says he did the homework, and all electric was the way to go, it would actually be cheaper than gas, and that has never been true in this area...

Steve

mk162:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on August 05, 2024, 09:36:56 PM ---I know, it's mind boggling. I'm thinking I've retired at the right time. The guy who bought our company says he did the homework, and all electric was the way to go, it would actually be cheaper than gas, and that has never been true in this area...

Steve

--- End quote ---

I prefer gas.  Better heat consistency, almost 50% less cost to run.  To be fair we did go from a 5' wide to a 4' wide chamber.  So it wasn't apples to apples.

Atownsend:
that sucks!!

We would have totally taken the MD8  :(

Its gotta be better than our Precision. I just spent a weekend swapping the blower motor bearings... Had to shim it because the previous one was totally blown out and the shaft had some wear. What a freaking PIA. Looking for a newer Sprint 2000, or 3000 come winter but the MD8 i'd run if its a little better insulated. Main goal is to improve the working conditions here. The precision gives off a lot of effing heat. Cures a ton of shirts and it never slow but damn it s hot in July / Aug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version