General > General Discussion and ???

printing swatch card

(1/2) > >>

balloonguy:
Has anyone printed their color swatches in illustrator? We are doing more digital prints these days. I think having an actual color pallet would be super helpful.
Thanks.

Homer:
yup... One by one, make a square fill it with a color, label it with the PMS # and repeat.... I made mine it into a poster. Every printer, ink system and RIP will print differently. I have two rips for the same DTF printer, colors aren't even close so lot's of trial and error... I wish there was a way to make a chart and fill it with every color in your design pallet.

mk162:

--- Quote from: Homer on July 29, 2024, 09:25:45 PM ---yup... One by one, make a square fill it with a color, label it with the PMS # and repeat.... I made mine it into a poster. Every printer, ink system and RIP will print differently. I have two rips for the same DTF printer, colors aren't even close so lot's of trial and error... I wish there was a way to make a chart and fill it with every color in your design pallet.

--- End quote ---

There's a macro for Corel that does this.  It's pretty freaking sweet.  we did it years ago for the Brother DTG and it was really handy to have up.

balloonguy:
I found this script. It only does 1 color at time but it puts all the info in the square. It looks pretty good. It is just a lot of work.

Homer:

--- Quote from: mk162 on July 30, 2024, 09:22:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Homer on July 29, 2024, 09:25:45 PM ---yup... One by one, make a square fill it with a color, label it with the PMS # and repeat.... I made mine it into a poster. Every printer, ink system and RIP will print differently. I have two rips for the same DTF printer, colors aren't even close so lot's of trial and error... I wish there was a way to make a chart and fill it with every color in your design pallet.

--- End quote ---

There's a macro for Corel that does this.  It's pretty freaking sweet.  we did it years ago for the Brother DTG and it was really handy to have up.

--- End quote ---

What the... :o.....dude.....color me six shades of stupid, I found it, that's amazing. It uses the color pallet from your design board. that's exactly what I needed, thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version