screen printing > Equipment

Exposure unit recommendations.

(1/4) > >>

farmboygraphics:
Looking for recommendations on a solid unit.

Admiral:
Zero problems with our Starlight.  Have had it for over 6 years.  We do not use the vacuum, use a CTS.  Results may be different with film and vacuum, but it's super fast exposing.

Homer:

--- Quote from: Admiral on July 23, 2024, 04:11:55 PM ---Zero problems with our Starlight.  Have had it for over 6 years.  We do not use the vacuum, use a CTS.  Results may be different with film and vacuum, but it's super fast exposing.

--- End quote ---

same. got ours maybe 10 years ago....still going

Rockers:
Our Vastex unit is doing a great job. As well almost 10 years old. We did some modifications over the years that allowed us to hang it on the wall so it does not take up so much space in our screen room. Glass has been removed to in order to work with our Spyder.

farmboygraphics:
So some context for this request (and something new to read on here).
After watching a few Youtube videos on sim process, which I've been doing a lot of this year I just wanted to see if there were improvements I could
be making. I've always tipped the coater back (sharp edge) and kinda sheared the emulsion, don't know why or when I started to do it.
So this last round I tipped the coater up to the angled edge and was surprised at how much more deposit there was. I also had just gotten
a 10 step exposure guide from chromaline to try cause I was curious and to be honest, lazy as I don't recall the last time I checked for
correct exposure. Everything has always washed out and held up during long runs, but I watched stuff and got ideas, you know how that goes.
According the the test strip and coating the "correct" way I was waaaay under exposed. So my knee jerk reaction was that I need a correct exposer unit.
For reference I've been using a single source 1500 watt bulb for the last 20 years (yes, I replace the bulb  ) At this point in the game I'm not sure I want to drop
6 to 8 grand on a new unit, I don't like to buy used. So I dropped in a new bulb and raised the light this morning. I'll see what happens. Ignorance is bliss, I probably should have just left it alone. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version