Author Topic: silver ink that doesn flake or rub off?  (Read 1806 times)

Offline rusty

silver ink that doesn flake or rub off?
« on: July 17, 2024, 01:28:08 PM »
Any silver inks out there that dont rub off or leave dust when touch pother garments particularly tote bags?

We use the avient silver shimmer but unless I heat press it will rub off when stacked. drives me nuts

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: silver ink that doesn flake or rub off?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2024, 08:45:21 PM »
I have used a Union Silver Shimmer that might work.  It looked real cool with floating shimmering things as I remember.  I only screen printed and never received any complaints of ink coming off.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 08:48:42 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024, 11:19:47 AM »
I've seen glitter inks flake a bit but never metallic, haven't had any issue there.  We have used QCM for several years.

Are you sure you are curing the metallic ink all the way? They can reflect heat and require more heat / time to cure, especially if using an infrared dryer.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2024, 07:34:11 AM »
I don't print metallic or shimmers often but I had a job last month that called for it. I tried out the FN silver shimmer ink from screenprinting.com. Didn't expect much, as I've used some of their other colors with meh results. Honestly, this was a very nice ink. The metallic looked great. I used a slower dryer speed since these can often reflect the heat and take longer to cure. I had no issue with it rubbing off.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2024, 07:10:35 PM »
Avient Liquid Silver and Matsui Silver never disappoint. We've never had any problems with ink rubbing off with either of those two.