screen printing > Equipment

Ink mixer and can you over mix?

(1/2) > >>

farmboygraphics:
Can you over mix ink? I've been kicking around getting a mixer that I would probably just use for white (ELT White, only white I use).
I'd love to turn it on at the start of the day and just let it run, it would be great in my heated ink room during the winter.
Any thoughts on this model?
https://www.screenprinting.com/products/revolvink-mixer-quarts-gallons?variant=41110268706927&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pmax-shopping-all&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ri0BhAvEiwA8oo6F9g6O6xSN96UocBa9CstcywGNOpavLOEV5DcPyoFjD18w0BAA-9iVBoCSG0QAvD_BwE

Homer:
I made one for our DTF white ink tank that I hooked to a potentiometer and turned it all the way down, so it's a super slow churn, just constant movement... I would think mixing plastisol for any length of time would create heat so you'd probably have to do a similar if you were to leave it on all day... How fast does this unit mix?

farmboygraphics:

--- Quote from: Homer on July 10, 2024, 09:54:46 AM ---How fast does this unit mix?

--- End quote ---

Not sure, but it is variable. Watching the vid it looks like a pita to clean the paddles.
I think using it for just one ink would save time standing over a bucket with a drill over time.

Evo:
Our ink dept uses a M&R Turnabout for *all* ink mixing, even quarts. Mostly with an ink knife and they let the mixer do the stirring. (paddles are rarely used) It works very well and saves the ink people from repetitive stress.

Drill whips are almost never used.

Rockers:

--- Quote from: farmboygraphics on July 10, 2024, 09:12:59 AM ---Can you over mix ink? I've been kicking around getting a mixer that I would probably just use for white (ELT White, only white I use).
I'd love to turn it on at the start of the day and just let it run, it would be great in my heated ink room during the winter.
Any thoughts on this model?
https://www.screenprinting.com/products/revolvink-mixer-quarts-gallons?variant=41110268706927&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pmax-shopping-all&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ri0BhAvEiwA8oo6F9g6O6xSN96UocBa9CstcywGNOpavLOEV5DcPyoFjD18w0BAA-9iVBoCSG0QAvD_BwE

--- End quote ---
I bought this exact mixer. I would not buy it again as it was advertised as able to mix ink in quart containers and smaller. Even the small mixing paddle is too big for smaller qtys of ink. Sure it`s good for mixing a gallon pot for the day and the ink is super smooth and creamy but you can make a mixer for a lot less using a pottery wheel. Head over to Shirt Show on Discord, there you will find a post on how to make a much cheaper ink mixer used by plenty of shops. It`s in their "The-Forum" channel under "DIY ink mixers".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version