screen printing > General Screen Printing

Printing in pocket?

(1/1)

3Deep:
I got a customer that needs about 400 pocket shirts and wants the print to look as if it's coming out of the pocket, mine you these are comfort colours and they have kind of small pockets.  Anyway I'm looking for a screen print solution because the print needs to be very close to edge of the pocket or even in it just a little, I'm thinking DTF for the ease but really would like to keep the inks matched up, so anyone did this before, need some pointers.

ebscreen:
Best is to cut stitches/print/sew. Matching thread maybe difficult on pigment dyed garments.
Adding a Juki has really changed the way we do things/opened up new possibilities.

Easiest is to use a sleeve board, load upside down, and fold the pocket under the edge of the board.
Like you said though small pockets may make that difficult.

rusty:
We have done this with DTF and also screen printing.

For printing, as mentioned fold the pocket under the board,  you get about 1.2 inch into the pocket

screenxpress:
Way out of my wheelhouse, but the first thing that came to my mind since the message said "printed" would be to get some transfers made where they could even be placed as if coming out of the pocket and just heat press.  ¯\_(",)_/¯

3Deep:
Thanks guys I did the fold under and it worked just right, yep thought about transfers too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version