screen printing > Screen Making

do screens have a shelf life?

(1/2) > >>

balloonguy:
I have some screens for a long time (years). All of a sudden 8 out 10 screens that I am reclaiming are getting totally locked up. The only thing that changed is my film. I went from a thermal film from oyo to epson inkjet. The emulsion and reclaimer are the same. I emailed the emulsion company to see if they had a bad batch or any other complaints. I have 2.5 gallons here but they are all teh same batch. I am not sure if the last gallon was the same batch or another. I am starting to stress. I have messed up about 40 screens in the last 10 days.
On a side note- who do you guys use for remeshing? Anyone in north FL or south GA?
Thanks.

tonypep:
Spot color supply in GA Brannon and his guys do a great job

ebscreen:
While mesh can get "brittle" after many many years, if your emulsion is locking up it's something else going on.
The only time I've seen it happen is when you spray emulsion remover (or put the screen in a dip tank) and then let
the screen dry. Number one killer.

Rockers:

--- Quote from: balloonguy on June 25, 2024, 05:31:09 PM ---I have some screens for a long time (years). All of a sudden 8 out 10 screens that I am reclaiming are getting totally locked up. The only thing that changed is my film. I went from a thermal film from oyo to epson inkjet. The emulsion and reclaimer are the same. I emailed the emulsion company to see if they had a bad batch or any other complaints. I have 2.5 gallons here but they are all teh same batch. I am not sure if the last gallon was the same batch or another. I am starting to stress. I have messed up about 40 screens in the last 10 days.
On a side note- who do you guys use for remeshing? Anyone in north FL or south GA?
Thanks.

--- End quote ---
Is your exposure unit still working as it should?

balloonguy:
That is a good question. I will have to check when the last bulb change was but it is a least a couple of years… I will get a new bulb in and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version