Author Topic: Printing in pocket?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Printing in pocket?
« on: June 28, 2024, 12:32:37 PM »
I got a customer that needs about 400 pocket shirts and wants the print to look as if it's coming out of the pocket, mine you these are comfort colours and they have kind of small pockets.  Anyway I'm looking for a screen print solution because the print needs to be very close to edge of the pocket or even in it just a little, I'm thinking DTF for the ease but really would like to keep the inks matched up, so anyone did this before, need some pointers.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Printing in pocket?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 01:31:23 PM »
Best is to cut stitches/print/sew. Matching thread maybe difficult on pigment dyed garments.
Adding a Juki has really changed the way we do things/opened up new possibilities.

Easiest is to use a sleeve board, load upside down, and fold the pocket under the edge of the board.
Like you said though small pockets may make that difficult.

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 01:41:40 PM »
We have done this with DTF and also screen printing.

For printing, as mentioned fold the pocket under the board,  you get about 1.2 inch into the pocket

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 03:30:04 PM »
Way out of my wheelhouse, but the first thing that came to my mind since the message said "printed" would be to get some transfers made where they could even be placed as if coming out of the pocket and just heat press.  ¯\_(",)_/¯

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 04:32:49 PM »
Thanks guys I did the fold under and it worked just right, yep thought about transfers too
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!