General > General Discussion and ???

Waterbase Paint and a Dryer

(1/1)

screenxpress:
Curious

I'm doing some remodeling and painting kitchen cabinet doors, etc. and the primer is taking over a couple days to be durable enough to paint with an oil base top coat. 

Has anyone here run painted objects (doors) like that though a screen print dryer?  Econored dryer here.

Or am I just looking for trouble?

ebscreen:
The majority of painting I've done always warned against force drying bottom coats. Trapped solvent can lead to top
coat problems. I could also see that kind of temp change warping the eff out of a door.

That said, heat lamps seem to be popular in auto body places, though I think those are usually two part systems
that "cure" rather than "dry".

screenxpress:
Ya, had a feeling it was not going to be a good idea.

Tks

Admiral:
Some warmth is probably just fine, dryer forced air and 175F+ is probably too much for that.

That reminds me of people asking about throwing a pizza or cookies through our dryer - nope, food is not a good idea either lol (unless you like eating t shirt fibers).

mk162:

--- Quote from: Admiral on June 06, 2024, 05:08:38 PM ---Some warmth is probably just fine, dryer forced air and 175F+ is probably too much for that.

That reminds me of people asking about throwing a pizza or cookies through our dryer - nope, food is not a good idea either lol (unless you like eating t shirt fibers).

--- End quote ---

I'd rather eat them than inhale them...and I'm sure we're doing plenty of that.  I've never worried about shirt fibers in my food.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version