screen printing > General Screen Printing

White Ink opacity issues

<< < (3/5) > >>

mk162:

--- Quote from: whitewater on May 20, 2024, 09:24:30 AM ---It could be the chemistry of the ink changed and none of us know... and here people are chasing the way they do things to see if its them..

Im just throwing that out there...LOL

--- End quote ---

I wondered the same and ended up testing almost every ink I could get my hands on.  We had the same problems with all of them. 

One thing I did notice was it seemed to be our highlight that was the problem, so we switched that as well.  Same issues. Top colors print better than a highlight white.

mk162:
So we upped our EOM from roughly 10% to 15%, which are both in what the manufacturer recommends.  Zero difference.

We checked off contact again and dropped it to almost zero.  then went higher than recommended.  Still nearly zero change.

i took the flash down so low that a gnat fart the next county over would blow too hard and cool the bulbs too much.

Switched angles, pressures, speeds, dwell, hard flood, soft flood. double stroke, single stroke, soft or hard squeegee, inks, etc.

Almost no changes in print until it got too far out to get a good print.

I am absolutely baffled.  The only thing we haven't tried is a new emulsion, but I don't see how that would fix it, we've been running this since before we had issues.

whitewater:

" i took the flash down so low that a gnat fart the next county over would blow too hard and cool the bulbs too much. "

I wish there was some situation that would come up where I could use this saying....LOL

farmboygraphics:
Has anything changed in the shop? New AC unit, maybe higher humidity in the shop? I've never had environmental factors affect the print, that I'm aware of, but it sounds like you've
exhausted all other options.

mk162:
We haven't changed anything that I can think of.  At first I thought it was ink related because it seemed to start on a new batch of ink, but we've changed to all different brands with zero luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version