General > Industry News/ Announcements/Press Releases/Product Promotion

Custom Ink closing Reno and Charlottesville production facilities; 338 jobs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Atownsend:
I was just up there at the Cville auction site on Monday picking up some things. one of the riggers who is working there bought one of their IT technologies auto reclaim units for 1K... he is about to scrap it for the stainless steel. If anyone wants it I can put you in contact with the guy. I took a peak in it and it looked like it was running when they left it, but its been sitting since they shut down several months ago. PM me if anyone is interested, they're trying to have the place totally cleared by the 23rd I think.

Dottonedan:
A couple months ago, before the auction, I was offered to go in on buying 3 of the I-Image machines.
Once I got into looking at what was available, (already crated, would not confirm if they are operational, would not confirm if they removed the ink from the machines before crating). We had no idea what would be wrong if any. Chances were good that the heads (3 heads each) were bad now. Not to mention that they also do not come with the PC, so all would need a computer and all software re installed. They were going to sell three for 10k total. After learning all of that, we bailed.

Atownsend:

--- Quote from: Dottonedan on June 15, 2023, 02:05:48 PM ---A couple months ago, before the auction, I was offered to go in on buying 3 of the I-Image machines.
Once I got into looking at what was available, (already crated, would not confirm if they are operational, would not confirm if they removed the ink from the machines before crating). We had no idea what would be wrong if any. Chances were good that the heads (3 heads each) were bad now. Not to mention that they also do not come with the PC, so all would need a computer and all software re installed. They were going to sell three for 10k total. After learning all of that, we bailed.

--- End quote ---

The CTS units I saw up there looked very rough... I think you dodged a bullet. None appeared to be operational. The Saati laser units looked good though. The one I saw went for 60k and looked like a good deal.

T Shirt1:
That's pretty interesting. I haven't seen their TV spots for a while. Thanks.

ebscreen:

--- Quote from: Atownsend on June 15, 2023, 01:42:48 PM --- their IT technologies auto reclaim units for 1K...

--- End quote ---

Why do auto-reclaim machines never sell? I know they are large but wth.
There was one at a large shop auction in socal, came with like 600 gallons of the chemical.
Sold for scrap.

Also, looks like PM's on the board aren't working? I received an email notification
of one but can't reply as it doesn't show in my inbox?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version