Author Topic: NEW Laser To Screen Coming Soon  (Read 9973 times)

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: NEW Laser To Screen Coming Soon
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2024, 12:54:22 PM »
Imagine spending $100k+ on a laser and then being like I wanna save 40 cents in emulsion and use more tape so I can gang screens to "save money"

Time at the press is most important to save :)

saves time in reclaim - one less screen...  we have 6 presses and never enough screens. 

if there is a color change with the same art - i will put two of the same art on the same screen - the press op dosent have to stop and clean out the screen, just scrape ink out, turn the screen around and new ink and squeegee and they are back up and running. no need to clean and pull tape off registration marks.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2024, 01:42:53 PM »
We do that as well, color change just flip and triloc, and post expose for wb, no problem. The comment on press time (usually the most expensive aspect of any given shop) is spot on. So is Duanes on reclaim.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2024, 03:01:54 PM »
Better late than never. Install and training is now scduled for Oct 1st - 4th.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2024, 04:53:47 PM »
Yep it’s faster, but not simpler. We are only really ganging when it’s the same colour of the same job, like another print location on the same job.

Gotta factor in that this looks like a smaller more entry level laser. That reclaim time doesn’t matter as much in a massive shop as in the average small one. I definitely see the value in ganging a screen to save the reclaim/etc!

I can’t imagine a shop that’s big enough to buy a 2-up is going to want to be flipping screens to save time on their auto reclaim.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2024, 06:03:49 PM »
Yep it’s faster, but not simpler. We are only really ganging when it’s the same colour of the same job, like another print location on the same job.

Gotta factor in that this looks like a smaller more entry level laser. That reclaim time doesn’t matter as much in a massive shop as in the average small one. I definitely see the value in ganging a screen to save the reclaim/etc!

I can’t imagine a shop that’s big enough to buy a 2-up is going to want to be flipping screens to save time on their auto reclaim.

After seeing this thing in person I can tell you that's far from entry level. First real test should be tomorrow. It has a step test built in so we should be dialing in exposure tomorrow. They are still claiming a 60-80 seconds per screen (full screen) regardless of mesh. You set different power levels by adjusting the Jules per mesh count.  I'll beileve it when I see it.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2024, 06:44:36 AM »
Again, on the SAATI at least you do not flip the screens. Images 2 up automatically

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2024, 07:28:55 AM »
This unit is made by a well known manufacturer and I'm sure it works well.
Question is cost, the basic unit is very slow.    You have to spend $140k to get to a good production speed.
Not sure why most shops would want to spend this kind of money when there are good options for a lot less.
I have a Douthitt, print resolution is higher than I can print, I do a lot of screens with 2 images, usually back and pocket.    With the MHM pins I just flip and print.
I have a simple box I built with a Saati lamp for exposing.   Works really well, I use Saati PHU and get great results.    Greg Kitson hung the screens on the wall and exposed a few at a time.
I think CTS is the only way to go mainly because of the time it saves in hangling graphics.     We have a lot of repeat orders and all we do is drag the saved PDF to the rip and expose.    Filing film was a nightmare.      Also not having glass in the exposure unit saves a fortune of time in checking and filling pin holes.   
If you have lots of spare money buy whatever you like but it's like a car, a Subaru will get you anywhere you want to go, some people prefer a Ferrari.   
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2024, 10:51:12 AM »
So MHM just claimed insolvency in Austria yesterday... Since this is just rebranded, do you know if SPSI is going to bypass the MHM branded ones and bring the regular ones in? I forgot what the brand was, Lightbox or something? These had caught my eye a few months ago when they flew the idea of looking at one of these under the normal name. I don't see the point of rebranding under a company in financial trouble. These units so far in my looking for our application, were a promising answer for when we are ready to upgrade!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2024, 11:32:42 AM »
After seeing this thing in person I can tell you that's far from entry level. First real test should be tomorrow. It has a step test built in so we should be dialing in exposure tomorrow. They are still claiming a 60-80 seconds per screen (full screen) regardless of mesh. You set different power levels by adjusting the Jules per mesh count.  I'll beileve it when I see it.

Sorry, I just meant the price point and size! A lot of smaller shops are limited by the ROI and the space.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2024, 11:34:28 AM »
Again, on the SAATI at least you do not flip the screens. Images 2 up automatically
How is that possible with three point reg? The contact points won’t match up on press? Same issue as on any other CTS?

What am I missing?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2024, 12:23:28 PM »
So MHM just claimed insolvency in Austria yesterday... Since this is just rebranded, do you know if SPSI is going to bypass the MHM branded ones and bring the regular ones in? I forgot what the brand was, Lightbox or something? These had caught my eye a few months ago when they flew the idea of looking at one of these under the normal name. I don't see the point of rebranding under a company in financial trouble. These units so far in my looking for our application, were a promising answer for when we are ready to upgrade!

Luscher Technologies.

I don't fully understand the Austrain laws but am told that they will be under reorganization and the goverment will step in to support payroll etc for 1 year, among other things like get up to day with vendors etc. If you are big enough the government doesn't want to fail and will assist in the reorganizationSomeone from the outside will come in and facilitate the reorganization plan. This happened in 2008 as well I think. We'll see.

The 128 bank unit won't make any sense for most small to medium sized shop IMO. One our tasks is to determine speed and efficiency with few laser banks. If you could get a 64 bank unit and a 2 minute exposure for 80k (I have no idea what the pricing or exposure speed is yet) and you calculate your ROI vs wax or inkjet, does it make sense? Those are the some of things we hope to get hard numbers on.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2024, 12:53:16 PM »
We are finally working on dialing in setting for each mesh. The speed is the same for all mesh but power and focal length can be adjusted then saved as a preset for each, and for each emulsion if you use different one.

The step tests, for lack of a better word, are built into the software. Kind of cool.

We had a few glitches yesterday with conflicting IP address on the network, a german keayboard, european power cords, and a few other oddities but that all seems to worked out.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2024, 01:06:26 PM »
How is that possible with three point reg? The contact points won’t match up on press? Same issue as on any other CTS?

What am I missing?

SAATI use three point spring loaded and three beefy air cylinders to lock the screen. Works fine just not always 1,000% maybe 90-95%

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2024, 01:09:12 PM »

Luscher Technologies.

Thank you that was driving me CRAZY, went through like 4 drawers here looking for the damn flyer!  ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2024, 01:25:57 PM »
Imagine spending $100k+ on a laser and then being like I wanna save 40 cents in emulsion and use more tape so I can gang screens to "save money"

My comment was not to save money on emulsion or tape (I thought was obvious), but to save money and time on the imaging. It was nearly 2 minutes to compete the entire screen even with the duel screen setup. Looking to resolve the issues of needing to pass over the entire screen and to be able to only expose half of the screen for pocket prints to make the imaging of that screen half the time. Early on, I remember asking at the show if it needed to pass over the entire screen and at that time, (approx 4-5 years ago, it needed to pass over the full screen for every job.  But to be clear, they didn't go any further in clarification and possibly at that time it really could if you programmed it to do so.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850