Embroidery > General Embroidery

titanium needles

<< < (2/2)

mk162:

--- Quote from: balloonguy on August 16, 2022, 11:04:33 AM ---Thank you for the replies. I will check my needles. I have 75/11 and 80/12. I am not sure what they are made of though. They are Groz-Beckert brand. From reading the posts I am sure that there is too much room between the hat and the needle plate. I can see the hat flexing during sewing. I will look at adjusting that and softening the hats some. Do you spray the needle itself with dry silicone or does that go on the hat?
Thanks again for all the help.
Matt

--- End quote ---

I changed my reply to 80/12 because I realized I think I'm wrong on the sizes.  Just go up one size.  You will get some movement between the hat and the needle plate.  Hats don't lay flat on the plate.

Spray the silicone on the hat.  it doesn't need a ton, it just helps the needle and thread slide through the fabric.  I will sometimes spray the buckram on the inside of heavier hats.

balloonguy:
I am running 500 stitches per minute. I will try the silicone spray too. I looked online and it looks like the titanium needles have a gold finish. I am ordering some today.
Thanks for all the help. I truly appreciate it!

mk162:

--- Quote from: balloonguy on August 16, 2022, 01:12:45 PM ---I am running 500 stitches per minute. I will try the silicone spray too. I looked online and it looks like the titanium needles have a gold finish. I am ordering some today.
Thanks for all the help. I truly appreciate it!

--- End quote ---

good luck.  what brand machine do you have?  Make sure to offset your needles slightly to the right like moose said.

balloonguy:
I have an avance 1501c from coldesi. I think it is a fair quality machine. They do have AWESOME tech support (at least on other stuff I bought from them) so I felt like I would get the needed help from them. They have been good with mechanical support but I don't think they have real world experience like you guys do.
I did get try the silicone and rotating the needle a little bit. So far it has been running much better. I still had a couple of thread breaks but not needles.
Thanks again for all the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version