Author Topic: What is it called?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
What is it called?
« on: March 04, 2022, 03:55:47 PM »
See pic below.

We had a disastrous day to say the least. It started with out air cooler shitting the bed, that led to the entire pneumatic system on the press becoming full of water. This all started yesterday but my press man never said anything about it even as the symptoms got worse. Today the press was blowing water out of every connection, and tons out of the exhaust for the lift cylinder. Called Sullair and have a new dryer arriving tomorrow from Boston. But that led to the next problem. I had to get the water out of the system, so I systematically started to disconnect air connections and allowing the air to blow out the water. I had to remove the entire lift cylinder because it was chock full. But in doing so it ruined the push connect for the supply side. Now I cannot use the press at all.

I have zero idea what to call this unit. The right side is the supply side and provides the air to lift the cylinder. The left side is the exhaust for the cylinder when the tables come back down. Its a single line system for the cylinder, gravity does the return part of the cylinder operation. But the blue push connect is toast, never to take a hose again. Why the F did those poles use such cheap crap for something so critical. As I said its either the whole unit or the parts on the right side I need, no clue what to call it. A proportional valve maybe? The push connect is like a banjo fitting, and cannot find anything like that either online. If anyone has a clue please fill me in. Thanks
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What is it called?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 04:26:33 PM »
I mention this awhile back about draining your air tank, and I'm going to say this and I might be wrong, sounds like your air tank was full of water to start with, that's why you got water in your system.  All in all I hope you got it all fixed and can get back to printing, break downs are never good but it happens, and your not alone I had to reset up a job today three times because of my nuttiness kelp burning screens wrong.  Try AutomationDirect.com  they have tons of parts
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline SPX

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 05:30:28 PM »
The fitting is called a flow control fitting.  Type flow control into m&r parts page.

The middle part is a quick exhaust something like item #2015005

The left side looks like a variable exhaust

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 06:16:00 PM »
You just need to replace the push to connect flow control with a new one. It threads into the quick dump. Do a quick search for "push to connect flow control" you will need the thread size and tube size (1/4" npt x 10mm maybe). Automation direct, Digitkey or any large industrial pneumatic supply should have it, even Amazon. Worst case you can put a standard 90 in there and then put an inline flow control as long as its not a single direction flow control. You will have to adjust the new one so it doesn't slam.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 10:24:27 AM »
Thanks everyone for the help. I knew it had to be something simple. But simple is fleeting.

I determined it is 12mm tube in, 1/2 NPT out. Finding this config online is not easy, as of yet no luck. If anyone is a wizard at finding these things please send me a link, I will owe you a beer or 12
"No man is an island"

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 11:21:44 AM »
Thanks everyone for the help. I knew it had to be something simple. But simple is fleeting.

I determined it is 12mm tube in, 1/2 NPT out. Finding this config online is not easy, as of yet no luck. If anyone is a wizard at finding these things please send me a link, I will owe you a beer or 12

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/pneumatic_components/special_purpose_pneumatic_fittings/flow_control_valves_-_speed_controllers/fvs12m-12r

Double check which direction it's metering though. If they followed the typical color-coding of blue for metering-in, red for out, that link should be the one.