Author Topic: Hirsch/MHM  (Read 13988 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Hirsch/MHM
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2012, 12:56:30 PM »
I'm not too sure how you would mount the triloc on an MHM, since the frames are locked into place in the frameholders, no need for the triloc there. My point is that the MHM fpu is so easy, that you wouldn't use the triloc on it (even if there was some way to do that) it would be more work. If you had both presses and both registration units, and one job that wouldn't be affected in any way by which press was used, would you really use a carrier sheet system? The MHM fpu and frameholder on the machine IS a triloc, sort of, just different. What I've really learned most from this discussion (besides remembering to mind my manners and not refer to someone's piece of equipment as a joke, still sorry about that) is that I would most likely only buy MHM or M&R, and none of the others.

Steve

I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
I'm not too sure how you would mount the triloc on an MHM, since the frames are locked into place in the frameholders, no need for the triloc there. My point is that the MHM fpu is so easy, that you wouldn't use the triloc on it (even if there was some way to do that) it would be more work. If you had both presses and both registration units, and one job that wouldn't be affected in any way by which press was used, would you really use a carrier sheet system? The MHM fpu and frameholder on the machine IS a triloc, sort of, just different. What I've really learned most from this discussion (besides remembering to mind my manners and not refer to someone's piece of equipment as a joke, still sorry about that) is that I would most likely only buy MHM or M&R, and none of the others.

Steve

I was talking about the other way around:  you align all films using the MHM FPU since all your screens have the bushings.  If you need to run those screens on a manual or an M&R machine you could use a 3 point registrations platen similar to or even an actual tri-lock to do so.  It would just be a way to use the FPU aligned screens on all types of presses in your shop since the films were aligned relative to each other.  If you had three press types with three platen mounting styles you could even make additional 3 point jigs for each and still reap the benefits of the MHM FPU system. 

I hope that made sense.  I was just pointing out that, regardless of the carrier sheets and other pre-press in the system used to place the films that the simple 3 point, reg to the platen system is the most versatile of the bunch when it comes to loading screens in the press as it can move around from press to press as a static, independent point of alignment.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

Steve

I was talking about the other way around:  you align all films using the MHM FPU since all your screens have the bushings.  If you need to run those screens on a manual or an M&R machine you could use a 3 point registrations platen similar to or even an actual tri-lock to do so.  It would just be a way to use the FPU aligned screens on all types of presses in your shop since the films were aligned relative to each other.  If you had three press types with three platen mounting styles you could even make additional 3 point jigs for each and still reap the benefits of the MHM FPU system. 

I hope that made sense.  I was just pointing out that, regardless of the carrier sheets and other pre-press in the system used to place the films that the simple 3 point, reg to the platen system is the most versatile of the bunch when it comes to loading screens in the press as it can move around from press to press as a static, independent point of alignment.

Yep, it does make sense. We do on very rare occasion put 23 x 31 on our Rototex 8c manual.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
I was just to curious how this situation ended for this guy so I called him (I know I should just stay out of this but I wanted to make sure he was taken care of.)
He is now a member of this forum so I hope he adds to this short update.

Robert now is a proud owner of a MHM 10 color S-type for a great deal. It is installed and running perfectly. Way to go Hirsch and MHM.