Computers and Software > RIPs

AccuRip doesn't support Epson 1430 with new Emerald?

<< < (2/4) > >>

aauusa:
hey i ditched accurip last year after the issues they had.  and switched to filmmaker v10 xl.    works like a champ and has the 1430 plus hundreds more.  does all black.  i think has more control than acurip.     they will remote in to help setup as well.  customer service is great.

3Deep:
I started using Cadlinks rip back when it was call Photoscript using an epson 1520 printer and here is the kicker it still works today if I had my old epson 3000 printing again 1520 bit the dust, very good software, but I joined the crowd and went with accuRip which now no longer works or supported, EOL life got me.  So I decided not to use anymore of there software, Wayne aka Screenexpress hooked me up with Ghost plus I know how to do halftone using photoshop, just takes more steps than having a good software to work from, Filmmaker will be in my future when I get sick of using what I'm using now LOL

Homer:
Advanced Artists Simple Seps allows you to not only print halftones, but use multiple black cartridges. - If you're a Corel user. Then you can print to any printer you have available, no matter make /model/ year.

screenxpress:

--- Quote from: blue moon on August 19, 2021, 01:56:00 AM ---to the best of my knowledge, neither supports controlling the amount of ink to make the films correct density.  .  .

pierre

--- End quote ---

Don't know about all brand printers, but I can control the density on my Epson 1400 (at print time) by sliding the "Brightness" bar to -25 and the "Saturation" bar to +25 for darker prints.  No other adjustments needed. 

I know Ghost is the red-headed stepchild for RIPS, but it is free, often updated, and has always done what I needed for halftone prints.

ixpoz:
Has anyone tried https://www.printfab.net/ ?  It’s certainly not as full featured as the “professional” RIPS, but I think for the vast majority of users it would probably work. I have not purchased it yet, but it does have options for screen printers and it looks like it’s around $200 for the pro edition that gives you a ton of print drivers as well as ink control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version