Author Topic: I Need Help  (Read 4177 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: I Need Help
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2021, 01:58:33 PM »
I love TN, wont be leaving. I like to make the joke that we are in no where TN but we are actually all internet based so our location doesn't matter a lick.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2021, 04:06:48 PM »
I've spent all but about 15 days of my life within the state of Texas.  I'm as Texan as it gets.  But it's not the state it once was, nor has it ever been the state that many have heard of it to be.  It's still one of the better states to call home but it's not the free, outlaw-state-of-mind place that many think.       

I wouldn't mind checking out other places to retire.  TN, WV, MT, WY, ID, UT, CO, NM are in the running.  Even though this summer has been a cupcake compared to most, the cumulative affect of 40+ summers has taken it's toll and I was in heaven this past winter when we had our big freeze.  I spend some time on Zillow looking at land for sale and have it in my head that I could buy a few hundred acres in the mountains of NM, move the entire family out there and run a G3 a few days/wk while also ranching, raising cattle, chickens, pigs, restoring old FJ40s, you know, all that easy stuff!!! NM because it's still high enough elevation to beat the brutal summer heat but also won't have 7-8 months of winter.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2021, 10:33:14 AM »
I just watched the History channel on YouTube yesterday. A show on Finding Big Foot.  They interviewed a guy in Texas that I could have sworn based on his speech was actually from deep Alabama.

(I’m in Alabama right now ). Living in the mountain area. Well, at the bottom of a bigg'n. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2021, 10:46:00 AM »
Alabama!!!! what can I say about Alabama!!!! I live in the deepest part enough said... my brother inlaw just moved out to NM and built a house, he tells us he loves it there after spending most of his life in Kansas.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline prozyan

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2021, 11:49:46 AM »
Alabama!!!! what can I say about Alabama!!!! I live in the deepest part enough said... my brother inlaw just moved out to NM and built a house, he tells us he loves it there after spending most of his life in Kansas.

What part Daryl?  We might be neighbors   ;D
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2021, 01:16:01 PM »
Every hurricane season and living in New Orleans I think of Vermont. Then I look at Vermont on the weather channel in winter and realize I am crazy. I hear you can still get cheap land on the moon.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2021, 01:42:43 PM »
I live in CT and now I have a hurricane heading directly at me. First a record heat summer now a hurricane, what is this world coming to?
"No man is an island"