Author Topic: CCI Clear Water  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
CCI Clear Water
« on: February 02, 2021, 10:37:57 AM »
Does anyone know if this stuff will make waste water septic safe? I've been looking for a house on enough land to build out our new shop and most the houses with that type of land are on Septic. I really don't want to risk poisoning the well water and having the EPA up my ass.

Is anyone on Septic that has good system for waste water? I'm wondering if I can get a large IBC Tank to pump the water into and maybe see if the town has a waste water pickup service I do weekly, if that is even a thing. I figured the same companies that pump septic tanks would do the same for waste water but I could be wrong. Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: CCI Clear Water
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 12:16:42 PM »
ive heard great things about this system, but it is very very very hard to get info from CCI on this system.

Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 12:45:17 PM »
I've seen videos of the powder at work. Looks like it does a great job at bringing the solids to the top. I've also heard that Aluminum Sulfate does essentially the same thing. Clumps up any contaminants in the water and they sink to the bottom.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:18:19 PM »
I know In House Prints uses this, pretty similar to how you are talking with the huge tank. Might be worth it to reach out to them.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 02:59:19 PM »
I've seen videos of the powder at work. Looks like it does a great job at bringing the solids to the top. I've also heard that Aluminum Sulfate does essentially the same thing. Clumps up any contaminants in the water and they sink to the bottom.

i was interested in Aluminum Sulfate so i googled it and came up with this:

When aluminum sulfate is mixed with water, it forms sulfuric acid that burns human skin and eyes. Contact with the skin causes a red rash, itching, and a burning feeling while inhalation irritates the lungs and throat. When inhaled, it immediately causes coughing and shortness of breath.

im not a chemist in any sort but it seems dangerous...

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 03:20:21 PM »
I know In House Prints uses this, pretty similar to how you are talking with the huge tank. Might be worth it to reach out to them.

Yeah he's actually the one that told me he switched to Alum Salt since its cheaper on ebay and does essentially the same thing. I'm just not sure if he's on septic or not.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 11:02:11 AM »
We're on a septic and built our own filtration system and use the cci clear water flocking powder as one of the stages.  We clean the ink off the screens before reclaim, than we during reclaim we have a bag filter that catches all the big stuff from the wash out booth.  Then we pump that water into a 35g drum and we add the flocking powder to it.  it has to be stirred on and off for several minutes to start clumping up, but it eventually will turn the water clear.  We then separate the flock clumps and pump the clear water through 2 canister filters, i think it's 1 micron and 0.5 micron and then down the drain.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 07:37:07 PM »
we used the cci clearwater system for about 5 years. It does work and gives you absolutely clear water. The only thing I'd be afraid of with flushing into the septic tank is any of the residual clay possibly clogging your drain field. Ours just went outside into the sand. The water is 100% crystal clear coming out of it, pretty amazing actually. Since we added the EcoTex modular for reclaim, we don't use the clearwater anymore. I have the ecotex pump into a containment tank, then the containment tank has a float switch connected to a 200 lb sand filter system and gives us clear water without having to deal with the clay. The dirty nasty washoutbooth water crap really does just all get encapsulated in the clay in the clearwater system. It's pretty amazing how it works. I'd still use it, but the water discharging from the Ecotex is so clear, it would be a waste for me to run it into the clearwater system, so the sand filter works great for what we have now.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 08:04:40 PM »
we used the cci clearwater system for about 5 years. It does work and gives you absolutely clear water. The only thing I'd be afraid of with flushing into the septic tank is any of the residual clay possibly clogging your drain field. Ours just went outside into the sand. The water is 100% crystal clear coming out of it, pretty amazing actually. Since we added the EcoTex modular for reclaim, we don't use the clearwater anymore. I have the ecotex pump into a containment tank, then the containment tank has a float switch connected to a 200 lb sand filter system and gives us clear water without having to deal with the clay. The dirty nasty washoutbooth water crap really does just all get encapsulated in the clay in the clearwater system. It's pretty amazing how it works. I'd still use it, but the water discharging from the Ecotex is so clear, it would be a waste for me to run it into the clearwater system, so the sand filter works great for what we have now.

So is the sand filter something similar to a pool filter? just bigger?  Do you have to change the sand out after a while?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 08:45:38 AM »
Thanks for all of the info. We ended up finding a house on Public Sewer thankfully. Going to set up a settling tank and then run that to a Rhino Tech filtration unit and pump it down the drain. May add one extra 5 micron filter in the mix before it goes down the drain.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 01:24:12 PM »

So is the sand filter something similar to a pool filter? just bigger?  Do you have to change the sand out after a while?

I'm using a big pool sand filter with 200 lbs of the filter sand. So far I've only had to back wash it a few times. I back wash into a 55 gal drum, and then good to go.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com