Author Topic: Nylobond on poly windbreakers?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Nylobond on poly windbreakers?
« on: December 17, 2020, 01:05:01 PM »
Hey gang!

Printing some Independent windbreakers, 100% polyester.I have several low-cure inks available to me, but being that these are kinda smooth windbreakers, should I use a nylobond? And will that affect the lower cure temp?

I'm also a bit concerned about cracking, as these will be fairly abused and washed 
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
Re: Nylobond on poly windbreakers?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 01:57:38 PM »
I have used One Stroke ELT, no additives, on poly windbreakers, but please contact them to verify that.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 08:58:02 PM »
Hey gang!

Printing some Independent windbreakers, 100% polyester.I have several low-cure inks available to me, but being that these are kinda smooth windbreakers, should I use a nylobond? And will that affect the lower cure temp?

I'm also a bit concerned about cracking, as these will be fairly abused and washed
Smoothy in what way? We use International Coatings 901 series. Works very well.You need of course the nylon bond additive too. Will soon try out Matsui 701 stretch white, without any additive.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 09:25:29 PM »
Forgot plastisol. Use water base either Aqou Hybrid Air or Permaset Air or Matsui with low cure additive. Run them through very little heat just dry to touch and give 48 hours for full cure.

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 09:53:01 PM »
Forgot plastisol. Use water base either Aqou Hybrid Air or Permaset Air or Matsui with low cure additive. Run them through very little heat just dry to touch and give 48 hours for full cure.

Not to question you Brandon, I know we've all got long days right now but curious. Permaset Premium I'm guessing, Matsui w/ low cure makes sense, what's the other one?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 09:59:19 PM »

Not to question you Brandon, I know we've all got long days right now but curious. Permaset Premium I'm guessing, Matsui w/ low cure makes sense, what's the other one?

Hey! Up front thanks for the hats those rule! For the ink Aquo inks it is the hybrid series. Made by WBI or Water Base International up in Pittsburgh. They also carry Permaset. Matsui you can get lots of places. But Aquo has a full line of RFU water base inks that are very nice

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 08:23:02 AM »
Nylobond is not a low cure additive. It is an additive to allow adhesion to nylon, you still have to cure the plastisol to the recommended settings. Also nylobond makes the ink brittle and subject to cracking.
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 08:35:08 AM »
I don't believe we've every used Nylobond on 100% poly, since it's made specifically for nylon. Since we are mostly plastisol here, we would use a poly blocking ink and move on.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »
Agreed. 100% poly plastisol ink with a dye blocker base. Would work fine.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 01:03:43 AM »
Nylobond is not a low cure additive. It is an additive to allow adhesion to nylon, you still have to cure the plastisol to the recommended settings. Also nylobond makes the ink brittle and subject to cracking.
Well it’s not advertised as a low cure additive as such but it still allows for curing at very low temperatures. As a matter of fact the ink will cross link even at room temperature it just takes a few days.