Author Topic: Motorcycle Clubs  (Read 2002 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Motorcycle Clubs
« on: September 11, 2020, 08:19:27 AM »
Not sure if this is just me, or if others have the same experience. Every bike club I've dealt with seems to think they're ode a discount and I should feel blessed to be doing business with them. Even had one threaten an employee years ago, that if they saw their art on another groups shirts they'd come back and "deal" with it. Needless to say, we did nothing with them. I don't get it.

Tees and Coffee

Offline Croft

Re: Motorcycle Clubs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 08:23:19 AM »
I know a mom and pop embroidery shop that do Hells Angels work and she has always said that they are great to deal with , pay a premium price for the service and are friendly . But they also have the same warning DO NOT use our logo on anything or for anybody. Thats one copyright infringement I would stay away from :)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 09:09:39 AM »
We've done work for a couple of local clubs, a little nasty, but proper respect gets it done. They were OK with price, and paid without question. We have another, that is made up of all professional people, though everyone of them that I met certainly project the motorcycle club look. We've been doing their work over 10 years, and a couple of time club members thought the same thing, they were buying expensive items and gave us lots of money. We have no problem explaining all the set up involved, ink color changes, and basic work that is not actually producing anything that has to be done, plus usually a few hours of art and redesigns on a confusing selection of t's, sweats, Dickies worksheets, tank tops, and a lot of them in 3X and 4X. If we have to lower our price, then it's really not worth the effort, we are really quite fair with our pricing. We just finished another job for them yesterday, most orders are for $1500 to $2K. It's all in the explaining ("Would you do that?" usually gets a "No, no, I wouldn't.")

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 10:25:32 AM »
Yep they are a little crazy about those colors, we do work for a few clubs some are pretty good on paying some are not, got one now that owes us for patches.  The smaller clubs don't mine paying premium if they are a chapter of a larger club, mostly because they have rules they have to go by to be a member.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 07:32:11 PM »
Had a club come by a couple of years ago. The new idiot pledge they sent to get prices was a real gung-ho free range moron who basically demanded I treat the design with respect and religious reverence. He was a real PITA and over the top important.
He left pissed because I would not kiss his logo and bow to the power of the image. Told me how i had to handle the art paper he had , he acted like it was a sacred relic.  The joke was he got really pissed when I  referred to his gang as a "motor cycle club"
When he stormed out he sent his wife back in to get the art paper he said he left behind. I told her he never surrendered it to me. I told her he was over the top for that image and never even let me touch it. She just said I know and rolled her eyes and left.
I never seen or heard from them again  :)
mooseman.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:48:55 AM »
I have noticed they have this God complex, they're above all, their colors are life and you better respect it. Yet ALL of them use the same colors and the SAME LAME DESIGN....rockers with some illegible old english crap..... oh my Godddd, please let me print for you for free.... same with volunteer fire companies, talk about ego's, holy chit....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 11:15:04 AM »
We do work for 3 1%er clubs. It has always been a great relationship and never a problem with payment.

One time I had about a dozen bikers come rolling in, all huge tatted and mean looking. Completely filled the shop with just their bio mass. Turned out they were an out of state club and were being patched over. Thy needed someone to remove all their current patches and sew on the new ones, before they attended some local gathering.  I was unable to do anything at the shop for them but I went out of my way and got them hooked up with a local seamstress that would do all their jackets that day. Even drove over there with them to make sure they found her ok. Ended up hanging out side with all of them drinking a few beers and shooting crap. Pretty cool people, not rude but you could tell mess with them the wrong way would be a bad idea.
"No man is an island"

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 11:22:42 AM »
Starting to sound like it's a NY thing.
Tees and Coffee

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 08:32:43 AM »
I print for one. I have only dealt with the president and he's a super customer.

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 08:36:30 AM »
That president sent me another customer, who placed a couple of orders and was slow paying for one. I mentioned it to him and the bill was paid in less than an hour.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 11:05:12 AM »
I belong to a MC , left last year just to much going on and I didn't have the time to commit anymore, great bunch of guys to ride with and hang out...I didn't drink so that ended my staying late nights and getting up with a headache LOL.  Yeah some MC's can be very tough about there logo's and colors, we've printed for some pretty big clubs in the past.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!