Author Topic: Brother DTG New GTXpro B Delivers Retail-Quality Prints Faster  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Deborah Sexton

• Gonzo Member
With its ongoing quest to help printers meet the challenging demands of today’s decorated apparel consumers, Brother DTG introduces the GTXpro B, a direct-to-garment printer specifically designed for high-volume shops.

This next-generation model offers high-quality retail prints at production-level speeds. A new white print head with internal ink circulation system and improved software make it possible to do 1200-by-1200 DPI dark prints up to 20% faster than the already fast GTX printer.

Advances to the ink delivery system include a function that agitates and circulates the white ink; while filtering and degasses all the ink so it’s in the ideal printing state. High capacity, internal ink tanks – 4.3 liters for CMYK and 7.2 liters for white – allow for longer print runs before refilling. Large sub tanks allow for auto-fill continuously for on-demand access to all inks. The white ink is circulated in the four key areas: ink tank, sub tank, ink lines and white ink print head.

GTXpro B owners can save money in two ways. The daily start-up maintenance cost has been reduced by 63% due to internal recirculation in the new white ink print head and by buying bulk ink at a lower price per a milliliter or cc. Bulk ink is offered in 1.8 liter bottles and 18 liter containers.

An enhanced maintenance station and redesigned wet caps have helped improve the GTXpro B in minimizing clogged nozzles. The redesigned caps have also resulted in a reduction of 45% less time in performing the automatic cleaning function. This reduces downtime when the machine is not used every day and allows for scheduling jobs based solely on a shop’s needs.

It’s also more user friendly with a new dual platen sensor to help maintain optimal platen height for every print. A new print reservation feature allows for the next print job to be sent while the printer is still performing the current function – including while doing maintenance functions.

Its large printing area –16 by 21 inches – and specialty platens, allow shops to expand their substrates and markets with the ability to print over seams and across zippers. And finally, GTXpro B uses the Brother specially formulated Innobella textile inks that hold ECO PASSPORT by Oeko-Tex certification and are CPSIA compliant.

To view on the website, go to www.ProductionDTG.com.

If you have questions or concerns, you may contact Brother DTG directly via phone at 1-866-750-2543 or email garmentprinters@brother.com.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Brother DTG New GTXpro B Delivers Retail-Quality Prints Faster
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 05:33:10 AM »
Long story short, EPSON seems like a better deal. More tech and cheaper prints. From what i can tell (based on info from the conversations with both manufacturers) GTX Pro B will be about $0.20 per print more when taking into account equipment payments, labor and ink costs.
Will write something up with detail comparison in the DTG section.
Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
Very interested in this information Pierre.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 12:29:49 PM »
I would agree with Pierre, except I haven't owned an Epson that was worth a crap since the Stylus Color 3000.

I haven't been that impressed with the GT381 either honestly.  I have no experience with the GTX.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 01:16:24 PM »
Very interested in this. I've been looking at the Brother GTX for a few months now. Leaning towards it but curious to read more.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 05:19:40 AM »
Very interested in this. I've been looking at the Brother GTX for a few months now. Leaning towards it but curious to read more.

Brandon, we`ll be getting a GTX Pro in September. Not the Pro Bulk but the Pro. Not sure if that is going to be just a Japan release or worldwide. Our Brother dealer in Kyoto told us it will be the same price as the GTX but has a better print head and 50% less white ink waste. Plus new firmware that makes printing on dark polyester possible even with the standard pretreat solution used for cotton tees. Was holding the actual sample of it in my hands yesterday. Looked awesome. I shall keep you posted.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 10:48:37 AM »

Brandon, we`ll be getting a GTX Pro in September. Not the Pro Bulk but the Pro. Not sure if that is going to be just a Japan release or worldwide. Our Brother dealer in Kyoto told us it will be the same price as the GTX but has a better print head and 50% less white ink waste. Plus new firmware that makes printing on dark polyester possible even with the standard pretreat solution used for cotton tees. Was holding the actual sample of it in my hands yesterday. Looked awesome. I shall keep you posted.

Hey buddy, long time no talk. Very excited for you! Sounds great. Hope you are doing well. Did you guys move last year? And yes looking forward to your review of it.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 11:42:16 PM »

Hey buddy, long time no talk. Very excited for you! Sounds great. Hope you are doing well. Did you guys move last year? And yes looking forward to your review of it.
Hey, yes long time mate.
Moved t the end of 2018, view right over the bay, got the ocean right opposite my shop. Anpther big plus I do live now with family right above our shop. Will be placing the ROQ Next order in September, same for the GTX Pro. Oh and sorry for derailing the thread.