Author Topic: Why use pallet tape?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Why use pallet tape?
« on: May 16, 2020, 12:49:14 AM »
Why do we use pallet tape?
For years I did not use tape, I have MHM's which have aluminum without rubber.       When they got dirty I took mineral spirit and a rag and cleaned them.     I think this takes about the same time to do as replacing tape.
I use tape at the moment but I'm thinking of stopping.
Are the pallets with a rubber cover harder to clean?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Why use pallet tape?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 01:58:05 AM »
Most of us found that when one uses the proper tape, and does not not let it stay on too long, it is way faster to merely pull and replace the tape than clean the boards.
Also eliminates the need to use cleaning solvents.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 03:41:25 AM »
Most of us found that when one uses the proper tape, and does not not let it stay on too long, it is way faster to merely pull and replace the tape than clean the boards.
Also eliminates the need to use cleaning solvents.

Yup
Tees and Coffee

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 08:32:57 AM »
We have rubber topped metal plattens but recently moved away from using tape.
We were using two layers which made the top layer easier to remove however we found the cleaning of the pallets with tape shortened the tape life . now we are just working with the rubber . If my pallets were metal (no rubber) I would have not even tried the tape system.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 08:04:53 PM »
We only used pallet tape when we glue our boards...which is what we do now. When we only used spray we had a 55 gal drum of mineral sprits and a pneumatic pump to spray them down, and squeegee them off. Only took 5 minutes to do...compared to about 10 minutes to do pallet tape.  Not much time savings...but we do save a lot on less mess/more prints with the glue.
I spend too much money on equipment...