Author Topic: I need bags for packing and shipping shirts! Just got OMG  (Read 890 times)

Offline BrazosDesigns

I need bags for packing and shipping shirts! Just got OMG
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:13:52 PM »
Well, I haven't had to ship or package individual shirts in a loooong time, and I'm out of shirt bags.  I just signed up for Order My Gear (yeah, I spent money during this time), so I need to pack shirts for local handout and for shipping.

What size clear bags and specs do you use for single/double shirt bags to just hand out orders?  9 x 12" 1.25 mil? sealable or resealable or just tape close?

And for shipping a couple of shirts, what do you use?

Any links or leads of good pricing would be appreciated!

....and before Pierre says you shouldn't spend money during this time, I also bought accurip, upgraded to Corel 2020, bought 40 Newmans....but, bought all at special prices during this time.

Offline Get Shirts

Re: I need bags for packing and shipping shirts! Just got OMG
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:28:19 PM »
3 mil and 10”x13”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 10:51:09 PM »
Well, I haven't had to ship or package individual shirts in a loooong time, and I'm out of shirt bags.  I just signed up for Order My Gear (yeah, I spent money during this time), so I need to pack shirts for local handout and for shipping.

What size clear bags and specs do you use for single/double shirt bags to just hand out orders?  9 x 12" 1.25 mil? sealable or resealable or just tape close?

And for shipping a couple of shirts, what do you use?

Any links or leads of good pricing would be appreciated!

....and before Pierre says you shouldn't spend money during this time, I also bought accurip, upgraded to Corel 2020, bought 40 Newmans....but, bought all at special prices during this time.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 12:17:21 AM »

times they are a changing. . . don't spend money in the uncertain times, when you don't know what lies ahead. Once you have information that can be used to forecast what the future holds (obviously information with certain degree of confidence) you can spend within those constraints.

We are picking up the pace and are back to paying almost all the bills. I was actually thinking about ordering supplies today as we are actually printing and taking orders. First shipment of masks from China came in and was sold, second is presold and coming in few days. While it is hard to tell what lies ahead if we weathered the worst of it, we will be OK. If Cleveland gets hit like NYC did, orders will stop and we will have to do again what we just did a month ago. Hopefully it does not happen. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 10:03:11 AM »
Just send it. Grab this sh*t by the balls and FIND. A. WAY. Don't curl up and die. Who gives a rip what the future holds?! I can make these stupid masks the rest of my career if I have to. I'm paying my bills. making good money. making payroll, not one of my employees is on unemployment, I haven't asked for a dime from the government. The way you make money is by finding a problem and solve it. Your rate of pay is equal to the size of the problems you solve. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm sick of hearing businesses shaking at the knees. Spend that money. Develop a plan. KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Shirt orders are down? GOOD. Nothing to print this week? GOOD. That's an opportunity... Not a loss... Maybe shirts aren't the item you need to be printing now.. find something else to print, rally the troops, develop a plan.

Listen to Jocko. It will change your outlook and knock the wuss right off your face.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...