Author Topic: Pressure washer??  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
Re: Pressure washer??
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=1tdk4&op=search&Ntt=1tdk4&N=0&sst=subset

here is the one we got...it has parts that you can replace if they fail...and you can rebuild it if ever needed....we were going through a power washer from Walmart about every 3 weeks...and even being able to return it we were losing man hours doing so....this one has been great so far and our screens are cleaner and I am not worried about down time now....

Sam

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »
they must have changed, ours is made in the USA.

Offline theSignShop

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »
We recently purchased a CamSpray 1500A for $675 from pressurewashersdirect.com. It is quiet so your neighbors will not care if you have it running, they might not even hear it! The northern tool ones are cheaper by about $200 or so, but are made in China rather than US.

pierre
[/quote]
Please spend the extra money and buy American! That cheap crap from China is what's ruining our country!!!!!
If you cannot explain something simply enough, you do not know your subject matter well enough.
-Albert Einstein

Offline Aggink

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 03:57:55 PM »
After thirty years plus, the best I've found is the Kranzle K1600 built in Gemany. They are available thru US online sales. About $750. Can run in bypass mode for hours without overheating. So quiet you may forget and leave it running.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 10:44:11 PM »
We recently purchased a CamSpray 1500A for $675 from pressurewashersdirect.com. It is quiet so your neighbors will not care if you have it running, they might not even hear it! The northern tool ones are cheaper by about $200 or so, but are made in China rather than US.

pierre
Please spend the extra money and buy American! That cheap crap from China is what's ruining our country!!!!!
[/quote]Are there any quiet pressure washers for less money? I need to get a quieter one because the cheapie I use now is close to my ears above my washout booth but my money is tight right now. I guess earplugs would be cheaper.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 08:30:57 AM »
Half the problem with pressure washers is not the loudness of the washer itself, but cleaning 230 & higher mesh.  The water screams going through there...I wear ear protection for those.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »
we wear PPE for all powerwashing...hearing gloves and eyes....

plain and simple.  if you don't want to wear it you dont work here.

sam

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 09:47:45 AM »
we wear PPE for all powerwashing...hearing gloves and eyes....

plain and simple.  if you don't want to wear it you dont work here.

sam

same here, full battle gear at the washout station . . .

On another related topic, get the fixed nozzle for the wand. We tried the adjustable, 40deg and 25 deg and have settled on the fixed 40. The water output is more even.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
i have rebuilt a few pressure washers, and built a pressure washer modeled after one that failed.

general pumps and leeson motors

http://www.dultmeier.com/products/search/4138  -  pump for $255.
IPYVB135KDM  - unloader for above pump - $53.60
i dont remember which motor i bought, but it fit the pump perfect -  $ 284.55
one safety valve to prevent motor from overheating - $10

i reused the hose and wand from the old washer

all for about $603.15 plus shipping.   

this replaced a pressure washer that died, it worked for about 7 or 8 years before the motor wouldnt start - a plastic cooling fan shattered inside the motor and prevented the motor from turning.  the pump had been rebuilt a few times and so i bought a new setup and bolted it to the old frame.  copied what the last person made and saved about $600 (looking at the sales receipt from 8 years ago).

my favorite are belt driven electric pressure washers - slower speed will make the pumps last longer. 

dultmeier was friendly on the phone and had all the parts that i needed.  the last company that i bought from was disorganized and couldnt get me pricing over the phone without having to call me back hours later.

needless to say, we always use ear protection - earmuffs or earplugs,  also required are gloves, apron and face shield.  no need to sacrifice ones health over washing screens.

if you filter the water before the pressure washer it will make your pump last longer too...

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »
I wear ear protection for those.

I wear ear protection all day via headphone style muffs that block 33db. The shop is LOUD and I back that up with my noise cancelling Shure ear buds connected to Pandora when I'm washing.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services