Author Topic: It is unfortunate/Split/Tony P Hack?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
It is unfortunate/Split/Tony P Hack?
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:53:28 PM »
Something got up your ass to be messaging me on facebook about freaking my mom..
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: It is unfortunate/Split/Tony P Hack?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »
Something got up your ass to be messaging me on facebook about freaking my mom..

Wait, wha???

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 07:52:02 AM »
Sounds like a hacked computer was the culprit.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 08:53:10 AM »
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!! My apologies in advance this is crazy. The "Fixers" wanted 5K to solve it. Anyone who knows me know that this is not me. I will do my best to fix on my end
best to all tp

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 09:01:46 AM »
JS so sorry on this. Looks like the hackers are taking revenge. I would never, ever do this. I will wait a bit but close my FB account if nec. This is unconcienceable but the way of the world
my best tp

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 09:43:31 AM »
JS so sorry on this. Looks like the hackers are taking revenge. I would never, ever do this. I will wait a bit but close my FB account if nec. This is unconcienceable but the way of the world
my best tp

If the issue is spurious FB messages, it's usually not exactly hacking your account. Anyone can open a new account (with a different email address), copy your profile pic,  and depending on your privacy settings, see your list of freinds and message them. Usually it's to spread spam or malware through links.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 10:22:59 AM »
They got me somehow...….after a FB link that's where I believe is where it started. Shortly after, old websites and such, including bank, started showing up and would not delete even after rebooting. Then the phone started ringing incessantly. 800 # which I don't answer but it would not stop. Message indicated that there were serious issues with the computer. They fixed it after I sent a bogus check by phone. They can't get that ridiculous amount of money but I felt I was by the short hairs. Heck, I could have bought five new computers for that amount!
Now that they cannot access the money its possible that they may re-hack. I confess to being a bit naïve to all this but am learning quickly
BTW this has zero to do with the original post at all so perhaps Andy it should go elsewhere
tp

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 11:15:13 AM »
I wonder if Charlie knows about it? I've got some friend requests via Charlie. Although the women were very lovely, I declined the invitiations
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 11:21:47 AM »
They got me somehow...….after a FB link that's where I believe is where it started. Shortly after, old websites and such, including bank, started showing up and would not delete even after rebooting. Then the phone started ringing incessantly. 800 # which I don't answer but it would not stop. Message indicated that there were serious issues with the computer. They fixed it after I sent a bogus check by phone. They can't get that ridiculous amount of money but I felt I was by the short hairs. Heck, I could have bought five new computers for that amount!
Now that they cannot access the money its possible that they may re-hack. I confess to being a bit naïve to all this but am learning quickly
BTW this has zero to do with the original post at all so perhaps Andy it should go elsewhere
tp

Are you saying that you clicked on a FB link?

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 11:25:33 AM »
Likely but probably never sure.
tp

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »
Tony, what security software are you running?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »
Tony, what security software are you running?

what browser? or on phone app?
Sneaky mothers!

Shane

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:17 PM »
Dude, just change your password man.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »
McAfee BTW. Whomever these other guys are/were appear to have gone away. Took the proper measures.
Back to almost normal!
tp

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 02:06:04 PM »
McAfee BTW. Whomever these other guys are/were appear to have gone away. Took the proper measures.
Back to almost normal!
tp

However, if the problems went beyond a spoofed FB account, and truly affected your bank website or other accounts, definitely change your passwords!