General > Industry shows

Printing United

<< < (2/3) > >>

ericheartsu:
Coming up thursday night, and staying all day Friday.

dirkdiggler:
We will miss it this year!  Next year in Atlanta we will be back, since we live in GA.  Texas is just not a vacation type spot to bring family and you need a car to go anywhere.   

Rob Coleman:

--- Quote from: GKitson on October 09, 2019, 06:22:07 PM ---Clip .....

Here is the golden phrase you must remember when talking to a vendor, does not matter how big or small your company is.  Walk up to the booth staff, introduce yourself and your business, tell them a key fact about your business and then say this, "What can you and your company do to help me grow my business?"  AND then shut up and wait, don't say another word, It is time for the sales person to do their job.  All sales people are genetically incapable of not responding with everything in their tool chest and you will find out about everything that company can do to help you.  If you don't get an immediate response say thank you and move on, your time is too valuable to waste.

Infomation at PU will be second to none, get the most for your travel dollar and work the show for top value.

My 2 cents...

--- End quote ---

Great post from a man who knows how to work a trade show floor!  Thanks!

As far as the last part quoted above, I think that is a great question to ask an exhibitor.  However, if the person you asked the question to does not know anything about your company, market, goals, etc. and then starts sales speaking - well I think that would be a disservice to you.  Ask me that question and my response would be something like, “in order to better answer that question, do you mind if I ask you a few questions first about your business?”

Hope to see you there Greg. 

Best, Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GKitson:

--- Quote from: Rob Coleman on October 11, 2019, 07:57:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: GKitson on October 09, 2019, 06:22:07 PM ---Clip .....

Here is the golden phrase you must remember when talking to a vendor, does not matter how big or small your company is.  Walk up to the booth staff, introduce yourself and your business, tell them a key fact about your business and then say this, "What can you and your company do to help me grow my business?"  AND then shut up and wait, don't say another word, It is time for the sales person to do their job.  All sales people are genetically incapable of not responding with everything in their tool chest and you will find out about everything that company can do to help you.  If you don't get an immediate response say thank you and move on, your time is too valuable to waste.

Infomation at PU will be second to none, get the most for your travel dollar and work the show for top value.

My 2 cents...

--- End quote ---

Great post from a man who knows how to work a trade show floor!  Thanks!

As far as the last part quoted above, I think that is a great question to ask an exhibitor.  However, if the person you asked the question to does not know anything about your company, market, goals, etc. and then starts sales speaking - well I think that would be a disservice to you.  Ask me that question and my response would be something like, “in order to better answer that question, do you mind if I ask you a few questions first about your business?”

Hope to see you there Greg. 

Best, Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Give that man a gold star for the right answer to the Golden question.  Communication is vital for success in any endevour, The more your tech rep, notice I did not sales sales rep, knows about your business the more likely you are to succeed in your relationship.

Too many companies today think they can succeed with an FAQ, YouTube on line presence, BUT their is nothing like a knowledgeable person in your corner.

DannyGruninger:
I'll be getting in early weds and back out late Thursday to walk the show and check out what's new. Hoping to see some of you guys there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version