Author Topic: CCI D-White, Discharge White  (Read 19519 times)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: CCI D-White, Discharge White
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »
We are a manual shop, but we like 156 for D-White, 6 or 7% ZFS, and we PUSH with a sharp 60 duro in those ERGO Force handles. (Love those! They barely deflect under firm printstrokes.) A couple of firm strokes should do it, once the ink fills the mesh. 

200 is too fine a mesh in my shop, but if you have an auto, or use S mesh, then maybe. It won't be as bright, but depending on the job, it might work okay.
Sweetts, you just prolly won't get the soft hand you are expecting, until after a trip through the washer...at least we dont. That's where managing customer expectations is paramount.

For max brightness, you can print D-White full strength, but we usually base it down a bit with CCI Premium Base. For ease of printing, we keep a bottle of water nearby, to mist the ink occasionally and then "cut it in" a little, in whatever "inkwell" is available-before the next print.

I usually start out by adding some water before even going to press, after activating with ZFS--say...5%.

With a FULL cure, you barely lose any brightness after the first wash, but the "hand" improves dramatically.

Stan
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:19:51 PM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline noortrd

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
Any body try Magna Super white and Rutland discharge white?.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:46 PM »
Any body try Magna Super white and Rutland discharge white?.

Rutland and CCI are comparable in my opinion.  Rutland smells a little more fragrant.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »
magna super white is IMO the very best, but stinks the very worst!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:23 PM »
magna super white is IMO the very best, but stinks the very worst!

Hey Diggles, do the Magna DC inks seem to get along with CCI and/or Sericol?  I've noticed that CCI/Sericol share similar chemistry (stoddard or "white" co-solvent based) and are fully compatible in a WOW situation whereas Matsui does not seem to get along with CCI/Sericol type of inks.  For example, I tried to overprint some of Matsui's metallic binder on CCI DC and it freaked out and gummed up in the screen.  After seeing this, I've tried hard to stick to one ink brand.  Rutland seems to get along but is clearly a very different chemistry, more like latex paint than CCI/Sericol.

I do see some things from Magna I'd like to check out, this super white being one of 'em. But it would be a major bummer to get hooked on their white only to find it won't play nice with the rest of our inks in a WOW and/or overprint situation.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »
I use Magna pigs in CCI base with ZERO problems.  I prefer CCI base over all of them.  As far as pigments, they all work, its just what you get used to.  Magna super white though, far smokes the competition IMO.  Diggles, I like that!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 07:42:44 PM »
I use Magna pigs in CCI base with ZERO problems.  I prefer CCI base over all of them.  As far as pigments, they all work, its just what you get used to.  Magna super white though, far smokes the competition IMO.  Diggles, I like that!

Yeah, anyone's pigs + CCI Base seems to be universally OK.  So you can run that Magna super white, say, last in a 6color WOW DC/WB print and any overlap or intentional overprints are copacetic with the CCI inks in the run?  Sorry I think my question was confusing.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »

Yeah, anyone's pigs + CCI Base seems to be universally OK.  So you can run that Magna super white, say, last in a 6color WOW DC/WB print and any overlap or intentional overprints are copacetic with the CCI inks in the run?  Sorry I think my question was confusing.

Probably, but why would you not butt register 6 color DC?  I do.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2013, 01:28:56 AM »
Me too. It's the over prints I would be concerned about mostly. 

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »
I just printed with the d white, it's bright but thicker then I thought it would be maybe.

That's what I thought too, it was a real squeegee climber for us, so we'd have to mix much more than we'd have to with a runnier ink and we ended up throwing a lot away at the end of the day after a run. I'm using the Image Technologies white now, which is very runny and we're really loving it.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2013, 08:41:03 PM »
The runnier inks don't play nice out here in CA. Rheology changes to much in the screen and it's
a losing battle from there.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2013, 10:10:06 PM »
I can't imagine our climate is that much different in the summer. 90-105F everyday and usually dry as a popcorn fart, Yes I know it's Frozen Canada, but where I am it's the northern tip of a pocket dessert, complete with sage brush, cactus, rattlesnakes and scorpions.

I actually had a very hard time getting the CCI white to flood properly because it was all stuck to the squeegee. We'd have to mix 600-700grams of ink just to have enough to get a full flood. With the IT we can get away with 300grams or less. For us it was just as white, had way better fabric penetration and was locally available, in fact it cleared so well we often don't leave heads in the flood position as there is no ink left in the mesh to dry in.

Maybe I got a bad batch of CCI? it was through Ryonet.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »
CCI D-White is way too thick out of the bucket, not even close to press ready IMO.  Needs about 6-10% water added.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
We tried the IT and we super un-impressed. Hmmm. Maybe we got a bad batch of it?
It's what my main suppliers carry so I wish it worked better for us.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »
CCI D-White is way too thick out of the bucket, not even close to press ready IMO.  Needs about 6-10% water added.

Tried that, didn't seem to affect it much at all. It was as bad or worse than an athletic white plastisol.
Wishin' I was Fishin'