Author Topic: Tension meter?  (Read 14119 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Tension meter?
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 03:43:01 PM »

You rarely read about someone who made the switch and goes back to statics.

Nope, apparently they go under and supply the used buyers! lol!

hahaha good point! I mean they are always readily available on the used market!

And sometimes brand-spanking new.  Roller frames, unfortunately are not "plug and play" and take a holistic commitment.  Some press manufacturers to this very day still don't even bother to consider the use of these frames with their taller, round tubes and increased weight.  Ask me how I know this....

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
Ok, how do you know this?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
The manual press we just picked up a few months ago needed and still needs more modifications to use with standard m3 roller frames.  It's like they were unaware of the possibility and built it for statics only.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2011, 01:55:31 PM »
Aren't there blocks you can put on the roller frames so any press will hold them?  There used be something like that out there.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline prozyan

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
Aren't there blocks you can put on the roller frames so any press will hold them?  There used be something like that out there.

There are, but they don't work particularly well.  In my experience they end up with a lot of play in pitch.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
Yes there are clamp adapters and they are nice for presses that use a flat piece of tooling plate to clamp.  We have a bucket full of them but this press does not have clearance, even after modifying the studs on the air clamps for adapters. On fact, even with the mods I made we can only use the manual clamps and that is without the mesh protectors we normally use.

The springs on the heads are also unable to lift the weight of an M3 and still bring in down to the buck eye leveler properly.