General > CCI

White pigment chunks

(1/2) > >>

Pangea:
Anyone have a good way of filtering out white chunks from CCI pigments? The first go around using the CMS for discharge happened to be 2 white heavy colors (489 & 5503) and every other print clogged up the mesh.

RICK STEFANICK:

--- Quote from: Pangea on November 20, 2018, 06:47:39 PM ---Anyone have a good way of filtering out white chunks from CCI pigments? The first go around using the CMS for discharge happened to be 2 white heavy colors (489 & 5503) and every other print clogged up the mesh.

--- End quote ---

you can strain it thru a piece of mesh as a short term fix.

kingscreen:
Mixing White or D-White? We found this to be a huge problem (with both), we switched to using UBase as a Mixing White; doubling the weight to hit the colors correctly.  Straining the pigment bottles using pieces of mesh is crucial in my opinion.  All our bottles have them.

Pangea:
Haven’t had a problem with D-White, shame the pigment white is a pain. I would think it’s be strained and ready to go.

brandon:
We love CCI and have been using them exclusively for many years. We go through about 5 or 10 gallons of their white a week. That said not their white pigment, we do not use it. We use their discharge white in place of it. Granted, we have our own pantone formulas for everything but the white discharge does work just fine in pantone matching. We could never get the white pigment to work. Quick tip - for a pantone with white pigment use the discharge white and cut in half or more. Less is usually more. But what works with our mesh, humidity, squeegees, press ops, presses, and dryers might not with yours. My two cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version