1 (1.7%)
RPM Auto
1 (1.7%)
other
2 (3.3%)
I only have manuals
6 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: What auto(s) do you have???  (Read 7611 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What auto(s) do you have???
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 08:03:51 AM »
Sporty E 10/12. Second one in Feb!

Looking at adding that to my collection in the spring. I'm going to PM you a billion questions I have.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »
2009 RPM Revolution 10/12

Got plans on adding a second in the next 18 months or so.  It will be another RPM or perhaps a Challenger III, 12/14 Model 70.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »
Sporty E 10/12. Second one in Feb!

Looking at adding that to my collection in the spring. I'm going to PM you a billion questions I have.

No probs. Feel free to call me at the office. 206-621-1728 ask for me M - F, phone hours 9 - 5

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
All M&R. A Challenger II 16 color, a Gauntlet II 14 color, and a Challenger II 12 color
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 06:17:27 AM »
  Gauntlet 8/10, older Formula and a Challenger 14/16 in mothballs that I
want to get running again.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »
We have a Gauntlet II 8/10, a Sportsman 8/10 another Sportsman 8/6, a Stratus II jumbo 6/4 and a new Trident jumbo 8/10 coming before the end of the year.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
Where are all my MHM guys at? I know we have more than 3 shops with MHMs on here.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:02:06 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »
Where are all my MHM guys at? I konw we have more than 3 shops with MHMs on here.

I know of five that are owned by active members, there might be more though . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 04:01:26 PM »
Where are all my MHM guys at? I know we have more than 3 shops with MHMs on here.

I know of five that are owned by active members, there might be more though . . .

pierre

That is what I was thinking. I bet we will have more soon.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
MHM is one of my top choices when we go auto.. We do a lot of small runs so I feel like the speed of setup on a MHM would come in handy to run those jobs.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:28:21 PM by Nation03 »

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
I am really curious if everyone is happy with their choice of auto. I have a diamondback 6/8. i am not thrilled and will not buy another M&R. Rich and service in general seem great but... It was my first auto and I never knew what to look for. Now I really think I had a bad instal. I have had and still have way too many problems... The micros are insanely difficult, I have choppers that go bad after 10k or less prints, valves that leak, had to buy all new squeegee holders.... the list goes on and on.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline squeegee

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »
On the subject of micros, this was a major point of contention for us the last time I shopped autos.  I wanted micros that were truly linear, not making movements in the form of an arc.  I also didn't want that slop that is so common when tightening the micro locks.  To me leaving the screen partial clamped during microing made zero sense, why should one have to do that?  And why would I want to guess at the travel of the micro because it moves in an arc?  It just makes doing the job harder and makes training others harder.   

Anyway, we run MHM's, the micros are pure pleasure to use, there are no locks and their movement is very linear.  The micros are very intuitive, for example, you see a reg gap of one mm in a print, you move the micros a mm and the screen's movement corresponds precisely to the print.  There's no accounting for slop in the micros or the "arc", no guessing only working.  None of this is to say MHM is the only machine that has no slop/linear micros btw, just saying it was a super important feature to us when thinking about the lifespan of a machine in our shop.

Very happy with our choice, ectatic in fact.  BTW, this is just one guy's opinion.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 08:08:01 AM »
I think that is a problem with air machines.  I had to buy different choppers than the press came with because the 3/4"(I think) were too weak.  I went with 1" for less effort.

The big thing with any machine is keep it well lubed.

I am going servo-a/c on my next machine.  Air is too fickle.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 08:42:57 AM »
I guess our micros are linear and don't have any slop, I've never had any issues with the RPM's micros.  The centurian we had was a little hard to dial in the micros but not the new press.  And I couldn't be happier with our choice of auto.  I know there are some good autos out there right now, and we got one of them without a doubt.  It has very little weaknesses and it does most everything you could ever want.  It is more press for the money than any other press out there.  I like the MHM's a lot, specifically the S type and the Challenger III is a bad mofo.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 09:29:36 AM »
I may need to clarify my point. I do think M&R builds a great press. I just think my was installed poorly and because I had never touched an auto before that I did not know how many extra steps I have to take to get things done. I am very seriously looking at moving soon. When I do I will hire a tech to move the press and go over everything. I have spoken to other diamondback owners and the seem happy. At one point I was talking to someone over at anatol and even he said that the problems I am having are not typical from M&R. I thought it was interesting that the competition was really sticking up for M&R. It does not make me feel any better though.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?