Author Topic: Group buy on vector art on cyber monday!  (Read 19966 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Group buy on vector art on cyber monday!
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
I have issues downloading, anybody else?

I was able to download only 4 sets

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »
i will be downloading tonight, how many sets are there?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
I got all 20 sets, the first few I opened are fine, don't really have time to check them all.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »
There is 20 sets all together. I was able to talk to Kim and she was able to send the rest of them to me via YouSendIt

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »
I have issues downloading, anybody else?

I was able to download only 4 sets

everything downloaded fine and is opening fine in Illustrator. Art is as described. I've already made a new shirt template from one of the pieces included in the bundle (for Vector art).

Anybody having trouble downloading, let me know. If we figure out a way to verify the purchase, I can email it or make it available for download.

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »
did anybody get that it says you have an additional discount of $100 making it free? Though I paid with my credit card, usually they don't charge until they actually "ship" (download), but my receipt says "Unit Price $570.00, Discount $570.00, Order total $0.00." Huh? Not that I mind; I guess I'll check the credit card tomorrow when I have some time. We're unbelievably busy for this time of year.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2011, 06:10:49 PM »
did anybody get that it says you have an additional discount of $100 making it free? Though I paid with my credit card, usually they don't charge until they actually "ship" (download), but my receipt says "Unit Price $570.00, Discount $570.00, Order total $0.00." Huh? Not that I mind; I guess I'll check the credit card tomorrow when I have some time. We're unbelievably busy for this time of year.

Steve

Steve, you are good. No need to enter credit card info again.
They seem really nice people, they had to send me files via YouSendIt. It is all good now

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2011, 10:08:53 PM »
Ok I've down loaded the files and I have to say I'm kind of pissed off.....for one, the files will not open in X4 at all so i have to use freaking AI and second i have looked through all of them and have only seen a hand full of things the interest me, the hotrod monsters is probably the best thing in there. I'm still trying to find the cost value of a $100 much less $570...i would have asked for a refund if i paid 570, maybe im being cheap but most of it looks like high res photos of sh!t, converted to black and white and auto traced, just my opinion......next time i would much rather get these guys to do something for cyber monday http://www.tshirt-factory.com/

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2011, 08:21:44 AM »
Ok I've down loaded the files and I have to say I'm kind of pissed off.....for one, the files will not open in X4 at all so i have to use freaking AI and second i have looked through all of them and have only seen a hand full of things the interest me, the hotrod monsters is probably the best thing in there. I'm still trying to find the cost value of a $100 much less $570...i would have asked for a refund if i paid 570, maybe im being cheap but most of it looks like high res photos of sh!t, converted to black and white and auto traced, just my opinion......next time i would much rather get these guys to do something for cyber monday http://www.tshirt-factory.com/

yes, there is not a large number of "front and center" type of art, there's much more background and effects type of stuff. Did you not check it out before purchasing?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »

yes, there is not a large number of "front and center" type of art, there's much more background and effects type of stuff. Did you not check it out before purchasing?

pierre
i gues i dont check it out, im not that pissed i just wish it worked in corel thats all, even the eps file say error. this means i will have to open with AI and export to corel.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2011, 08:37:34 AM »
download the "copy to ai clipboard" from the oberon site, it's a TON easier.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:28 AM »
I have to do the same, mine error out too. I am upgrading to x4 now-I just needed a reason to do it, so I guess it's time. I'm happy with what I have seen, I checked them out in Illy, I have a job coming up that will pay for it so that's fine by me. great find.

Brad -check your pm.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
if you run both illy and corel, I highly recommend the "copy to AI clipboard" from oberon.  I have shortcut buttons in my workspace that really speed things up.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2011, 08:51:42 AM »

pierre
i gues i dont check it out, im not that pissed i just wish it worked in corel thats all, even the eps file say error. this means i will have to open with AI and export to corel.

most of the files I went through were very clean and with lots of detail. They do look pretty bad in the preview, but are super crisp once opened up. If you are having an issue with something, let me know. I can try to convert here (Illustrator and Corel) and see if I can help.

pierre

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2011, 09:01:56 AM »
I will warn anyone right now that is thinking of upgrading Corel absolutely do not get X5. It has to be the worse POS I ever got from them since the beginning.
"No man is an island"