Author Topic: Ellis (Elvis) Madden has passed on.  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Ellis (Elvis) Madden has passed on.
« on: December 28, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »
Friends,

It is with great sadness that I pass on the recent news.
One of our long time industry screen printer and artist friends (Ellis Madden) of Lutz Florida has passed away. Many here knew him well.

He was 51 years of age. A printer, an artist and a musician. I remember him to be a little on the wilder side, open minded, opinionated, experienced, accomplished, and a very caring heart. Everyone seemed to enjoy his view of things. A colorful soul. I will miss having him stop in to tell it like it is.

RIP.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Northland

Re: Ellis (Elvis) Madden has passed on.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »
Friends,

It is with great sadness that I pass on the recent news.
One of our long time industry screen printer and artist friends (Ellis Madden) of Lutz Florida has passed away. Many here knew him well.

He was 51 years of age. A printer, an artist and a musician. I remember him to be a little on the wilder side, open minded, opinionated, experienced, accomplished, and a very caring heart. Everyone seemed to enjoy his view of things. A colorful soul. I will miss having him stop in to tell it like it is.

RIP.
I remember him as a big fan of Salvador Dali  ?? or am I mistaken.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »
Sorry for the loss of your friend Dan, may he rest in peace. 51, is just too young...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 03:35:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that also, I remember him from the old forum...wow 51 is young now that I,m in the 50 range now, prayers out to his family!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 06:23:16 PM »
Thanks Guys.

Although we both lived in Fl during the same time, I never met him in person. We had years of discussion on TSPMB back in the day and after that, he only logged on here a few times. I think he tried getting out of screen printing and more into his band in the later years. Still, I would see him pop in now and then.
It's just a sad thing to see people pass on, but we know that is life.

I've recently learned we have another common member who almost didn't make it over Christmas either. That would be Alan Buffington. He had a small heart attack just before Christmas and once he got out a few days after Christmas, he was practicing or playing in a band at a gig had another during the break. Luckily, he was found quickly and is recovering now.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 10:36:26 PM »
Hey Dan, I'm sorry for your loss. Sad to hear. I'm glad Al B is okay! A lot of members might not know but that guy has some pretty good posts. Never met him but I've learned from him. Glad to hear he is okay!