Author Topic: Obama birth certificate scandal????  (Read 5564 times)

Offline vicb

• Verified/Junior
Obama birth certificate scandal????
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:55:47 AM »
I saw a video that said the Obama long form birth certificate was done in layers in photoshop
and not flattened before the pdf was produced. Just curious I downloaded it and checked in photoshop
and in Corel and it is in layers. Could be text recognition software but there are parts of it
that was cut and pasted. Alright Dan, we need your expertise on this one!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Obama birth certificate scandal????
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:22:58 AM »
somebody broke it down into layers and made a fake. It would take me 10-15 min to do the same thing. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline vicb

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:36:49 AM »
I'm talking about the original pdf that the white house released. You can download it at whitehouse.gov
and open it in either program. So are you saying that the whitehouse released a fake?

Offline vicb

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:10:09 AM »
Here is the link. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf
How do I attach the file that I downloaded?

Offline yorkie

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:20:49 AM »
If you open the .pdf in illustrator and do a select all, there is more than one object.

http://bryankeithnixon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/birth-certificate-long-form.jpg

The pdf was created with - Mac OS X 10.6.7 Quartz PDFContext

Offline squeezee

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:25:46 AM »
Americans are funny, your government couldn't keep the shape of the president's penis a secret, what chance would they have with Roswell or birthing?  ;D
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:23:01 AM »
this is very simple, show ever did the investigation should have asked more questions . . .

I get images in pdf format all the time that have funny clipping masks and all kind of garbage in them. This looks like a scan with OCR capable software that tried to extrapolate the text and leave the background on the other layer.

move along, these are not the droids you are looking for . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »
Are we really wasting tome on this?
After two years of him being in White House this is still a question?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:48:13 AM »
At this point it doesn't even matter, the fact is that he IS president and WILL be president for at least 2 more years. 

I can't say he's been thrilling, but I can't sit and blame that all on him since HE doens't make law, he signs law.....  Look lower down the list for people really making this country stink. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 10:00:17 AM »
I think you guys are missing the point here. . .

the issue brought up was not if he should be the president, but why is this document in layers and if anybody here knows enough about the Photoshop to tell what is going on.

The answer was: OCR (optical character recognition) scan of the form will produce similar results.

pierre

Offline yorkie

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 11:57:14 AM »
The answer was: OCR (optical character recognition) scan of the form will produce similar results.

I'm not a birther, but i do enjoy analyzing images.

No, it isn't OCR. OCR would not have been able to identify anything hand written, but half of the mother signature was identified, if anything it has to do with darkness and lightness.

"IF" it were OCR, it would be worse than useless. "BARACK" is spelled "BA ACK". The mothers name is " TANLEY" not "STANLEY", the father was born in " enya" not "Kenya" and the birth certificate number is missing the last digit. The two rubber stamp dates are there own separate object, but again, the left date ("AUG - 8  1961") has object has "AUG - 8  196 " and the OCR has "            1" the and the right date is flaws, where the date ("AUG - 8  1961") in the object is "AUG - 8    6 " and the so called OCR layer has "         19 1". The shape of the 2 rubber stamp fields are different sizes.

Another oddity is that the document is obviously reconstructed from pieces. The outer border of green pattern is applied to the inner document. This is visible on the top left corner of the document where the inner document is bent, like it was in a book. What's odd is that the 2 backgrounds are a single object, not 2 objects.

My impression is that the "file copy" of the birth certificate is the b&w text layer. Its as if the document was scanned into a monochrome file, to be stored on a computer rather than paper. Every pixel in the text object has the exact same color. I see no reason the text was down sampled, if they were going to keep the entire document stored in color.

It looks to me like the file copy of the certificate as photoshop enhanced.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »
This certainly has more legs than the 9/11 conspiracy.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »
This certainly has more legs than the 9/11 conspiracy.

actually, I'd like to keep any politics out of here if we can, please. It has been indicated by few members before this post to leave the politics off the forum.

As it is, this was about the image, so please lets keep the conversation to it.

thank you,

pierre

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »
I'm good with leaving the politics behind, but really, why isn't it a simple scan, 1 layer, you know, a photograph of the original? There is no good reason for anything other than a simple scan or photo, no enhancements.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Northland

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »
.. could it be, this scan was done 20 years ago when the person/group responsible for record storage converted from paper to electronic (as Yorkie suggested).