Author Topic: Font or Custom Draw?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Font or Custom Draw?
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »
Anyone recognize this one?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Font or Custom Draw?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 03:27:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen that font but probably at one of the other shops, so I don't know what the name would be. I'm sure you've checked whatthefonte tc.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:54:55 PM »
Yep, I did and nothing positive came from it.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »
Tomorrow, one of your TSB friends with "Find My Font" will tell you (and remind all of us cheapskates that it's a wise $50 investment).
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
I'll be really interested if someone finds a match using "find my font" tomorrow. 

I just installed the trial period one and it only found one that was remotely similar, but a match definitely was not found.   :( :( :(

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:32 PM »
I went thru FMF and my personal collection of some 60k fonts and didn't find a match.  The only place I recall seeing that font is on the Semper Fi bumper stickers.  Someone out there do flat stock? Bumper stickers?
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 02:45:01 PM »
I went thru FMF and my personal collection of some 60k fonts and didn't find a match.  The only place I recall seeing that font is on the Semper Fi bumper stickers.  Someone out there do flat stock? Bumper stickers?

Thank you for checking. 

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
I'm sure you looked, but if not, did you try the USMC website? they might have that...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 03:04:09 PM »
I'm sure you looked, but if not, did you try the USMC website? they might have that...

Steve

I have been on the USMC website before and never found any font identification for anything I was looking for previously.  Their site seems to be more about correct placement, format and what is acceptable and not acceptable.  Honestly I did not look at the USMC site for this based on my previous attempts.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 06:23:05 PM »
I found something called Colossalis, at My Fonts, expensive...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »
I found something called Colossalis, at My Fonts, expensive...

Steve
Say what? That's not what I see when I go there
https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/berthold/colossalis-pro/
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 10:16:02 PM »
I just looked and this posted image (Semper Fi) does not look like Colossalis, at least not to me.  But you are correct.  Colossalis is Expensive, lol.

I posted a different font request a few days earlier with just the word "Marines".  Some here and other links said it was, or should be, Colossalis.  Diane (CYW) weighed in later with the correct answer to my request for "Marines" - Minion

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:18:35 PM by screenxpress »