Computers and Software > Separation Programs

Ink Seps

<< < (3/4) > >>

bimmridder:
Homer won't chime in anytime soon. He's too busy dancing because his Bills are in first place in their division!!!

mk162:
I gave this program a shot, and honestly, for what it is, it's fantastic.

I used in house inks.  I may get some of theirs, the prices are good, shipping is terrible though.

I can't post pics of the prints, but we did 2 different ones, and I was impressed with both.  I would say better than what you get from some of the PS actions out there.

I wish there was an undo button though.

I didn't adjust anything except I combined the cyan and blue plates and used a color halfway between cyan and royal.  Worked great.  The image wasn't blue heavy, but it did have some lighter tones of it so that worked, if it had a larger blocky area, I wouldn't have done it.

I imported the files into corel, and ran them through the M&R I-image rip(I-block?).

mimosatexas:

--- Quote from: bimmridder on September 11, 2017, 07:18:19 PM ---Homer won't chime in anytime soon. He's too busy dancing because his Bills are in first place in their division!!!

--- End quote ---

Like that will last...lol

Northland:

--- Quote from: xcelr8hard on September 07, 2017, 07:56:37 PM ---Is anybody using this?
https://www.inkseps.com/
I used the search function, but didn't find much.
What are your thoughts? I am just getting into raster seps. I have no experience with any of the automated sep programs.

Thanks,
Butch

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what the relationship is between InkSeps / SimpleSeps / Advanced Tshirt / Advanced artist... but there's some connection.
There appears to be a similar (sister) product called:
Simpleseps
https://www.advancedtshirts.com/product/simpleseps-4-0-smartrip-screen-printing-halftone-rip-software/

It is a separation program and a RIP in one.
Looks like it has some really helpful features like:
Separation using Coreldraw.... which is attractive to me (because I have no Photoshop skills)
Auto baseplate
Auto trap or choke
RIP using all printer channels (looks like any printer model)
Halftone preview

I've been a FilmMaker RIP user for many years but have always wanted some other back-up RIP ( in case my FilmMaker craps out temporairily)
And, I've been needing to upgrade to Corel X6 or X8 (which is required for SimpleSeps).

Both Advanced T-shirt and Advanced Artist have inexpensive Coreldraw training videos (some free)

Frog:

--- Quote from: mk162 on October 05, 2017, 10:18:52 AM ---I gave this program a shot, and honestly, for what it is, it's fantastic.

I used in house inks.  I may get some of theirs, the prices are good, shipping is terrible though.

I can't post pics of the prints, but we did 2 different ones, and I was impressed with both.  I would say better than what you get from some of the PS actions out there.

I wish there was an undo button though.

I didn't adjust anything except I combined the cyan and blue plates and used a color halfway between cyan and royal.  Worked great.  The image wasn't blue heavy, but it did have some lighter tones of it so that worked, if it had a larger blocky area, I wouldn't have done it.

I imported the files into corel, and ran them through the M&R I-image rip(I-block?).

--- End quote ---

I had a teacher once who encouraged us to alternate between two different versions/copies of pending artwork files to always have an older version to which to return just in case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version