Author Topic: River City Graphics  (Read 2221 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
River City Graphics
« on: June 27, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
I have to give some praise here to Kevin. We have ordered our S-Mesh Screens for awhile from him and he's lightning quick on ship! So couple weeks back we ordered 40-50 more screens just to add to our rotation. Got the shipment and some of them came straight from Murakami. 7 of the screens were stuck together with the glue side back to back. One popped when it separated from the other. Kevin/Murakami replaced it without question. Fast forward to today, we had one popped while sitting idle in a rack without having ever been used yet. Another popped when we were coating it for the first time. Kevin asked for a couple pictures and has already shipped the new screens.

Customer service is up there with some of the best ive seen. No business shipping product will be without incident of one kind or another so how they respond to that is key.

I highly recommend River City Graphics.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: River City Graphics
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »
nice to see suppliers do the right thing!  Good on them.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »
Yeah, not one bad thing to say about Kevin. Whenever I am in a pinch I know he's got my back eventhough we order very little overall. Super good guy!

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »
And yet I still have to fight with Nazdar over them charging me hazmat shipping on 4 quarts of Liquid Renuit every single time I order even tho it does not fall under hazardous shipping until  5 gallons.
"No man is an island"

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »
Have never had anything but the best service from them.  I feel spoiled being only a few blocks away from them!

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »
Yes Kevin has been a great help to Murakami.  We have changed the stacking method for bulk shipping of frames that should help eliminate screens sticking together. 
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:01 PM »
Kevin and crew are awesome. Two thumbs up!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 09:28:14 AM »
Kevin and River City are great. Thanks for all you do for us.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »
Just had this conversation yesterday with another printer about getting screens and they bust before they can even get to production, guess I need to tell them about Kevin at River city Graphic.  Question why are the s mesh popping like corn is because the mesh is so thin or tension to tight, that's one reason I've not stocked up on them.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
Just had this conversation yesterday with another printer about getting screens and they bust before they can even get to production, guess I need to tell them about Kevin at River city Graphic.  Question why are the s mesh popping like corn is because the mesh is so thin or tension to tight, that's one reason I've not stocked up on them.

Sometimes it's both, but mostly it's because they're thin thread and nowhere near as tough as regular mesh. Have to be extra careful in every step of the screen cycle with em (from my personal experience anyway)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 11:55:14 AM »
We've never had a Smesh fail outside of it being shipped wrong or blatant employee mistake.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Northland

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 12:34:13 PM »

I've been using s-mesh frames (50+) from River City and Spot Color for 2 years.... and have only suffered 2 mesh failures, both my fault.
Solo operation here, so I'm the only person handling the frames. I think concerns about durability are over-stated. I've got a few designs that are repeat order jobs and they've been on&off the press several times without issue.

... I'm hesitant to mention it, because I know River City is a class operation, but I prefer the Spot Color frames... 3 n/cm tighter and neater glue-up.
Having said that.... they both print great.

There was a topic recently about what mesh counts shops use. Because of the type of work I do, a 180S frame handles 95% of my jobs.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »
So far I've had one pop just sitting there.  I think it was a freak thing.

I did have the glue let loose on one and spot color replaced it, but I honestly think it was my fault.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
I've to replace some screens, I'm thinking about sending some frames to Spot Color for remeshing, I've got a few frames from Miami Screen Supply a few weeks ago regular mesh 23 to 25 n not bad....but yeah Kevin and his company are a class act, be nice if I could just chuck all my supply money at one company.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »
Kevin did rush an order out for me a couple months back.  I hadn't spent a lot with them recently, but he got the order out and in my hands in time to finish what became a rush job.