Author Topic: The industry blank t-shirt order scam  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
The industry blank t-shirt order scam
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:54:31 AM »
So I have this character on my text now. I'm wondering how to proceed. How do we set these characters up to catch these guys?

You know the drill.

US phone number (Texas)
Have Christian tee shirt art, (custom ink ink) 1 clr line of type... (Glory to God) Genesis 13:1-6
have doable dates .
Has private carrier to deliver to my shop.

Wants me to get back with him on total cost.
This is where he will turn the story around and I'm to bite and pay something. I'l know more later.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: The industry blank t-shirt order scam
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
These come so regularly and frequently, that I usually ignore them. One only has so much time to dick around each day, and I'd just as soon spend my dicking time here, LOL! Perhaps I am merely cynical, but with the anonymity afforded by the internet, I suspect that very few of these folks have gotten stopped, let alone punished.
I'd love to be wrong if anyone has any info in that regard.

With the the more seemingly local requests for blanks, I merely point out my 50% cash deposit policy.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »
Well, for what it's worth. I was able to locate where to report them.

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/splash.aspx?

The hit FILE A COMPLAINT.  It gives them the phone number this scammer used, but I don't know from there what happens if anything).
They did say once you report them, to not further any communications and do not let them know that they are being reported.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
Keep us posted if the Fibbies report anything back to you.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 11:09:16 AM »
Reporting them gets nowhere, I've did it a few times and got nothing but other emails asking the same thing in a different format  GOOD LUCK! on your try
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »
On more than one occasion, I have strung them along long enough to get the stolen card information which I then report to the card company.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 11:54:07 AM »
There are people who make a hobby out of screwing with scammers like this.  The dudes are buying the stolen bank accounts and identities on the cheap so reporting the accounts or addresses isn't going to hurt them very much, you're not going to catch them or get them in jail.  The general consensus is that wasting their time is more effective so they're not spending their time scamming the actual suckers.  The forums at 419eater.com are fun to see how the pros do it

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 11:57:37 AM »
There are people who make a hobby out of screwing with scammers like this.  The dudes are buying the stolen bank accounts and identities on the cheap so reporting the accounts or addresses isn't going to hurt them very much, you're not going to catch them or get them in jail.  The general consensus is that wasting their time is more effective so they're not spending their time scamming the actual suckers.  The forums at 419eater.com are fun to see how the pros do it

Been there, done that, but now I find wasting time can be a two-edged sword.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 12:24:25 PM »
Let me guess, did they need a "Perfect job" on this order?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
Let me guess, did they need a "Perfect job" on this order?

Yes, indeed it did. LOL.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »
for the emails i send them naked pics of myself.. im pretty sure they do not find me attractive, since they do not repsond after that.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 04:08:38 PM »
for the emails i send them naked pics of myself.. im pretty sure they do not find me attractive, since they do not repsond after that.

that was ME you as*hole....knock it off.....
 ;D

scary part is this scam must work with someone or they wouldn't be doing it, right? sucker born every minute.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
I know Homer, I was wondering why they keep sending them, but somebody must be falling for it.

I had a contract customer that called me asking what my price was on blanks for like 1000 pcs of smalls.  He was going to price it out for the guy until I told him it was a scam.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »

Been there, done that, but now I find wasting time can be a two-edged sword.

Yes, it's your time that's being wasted (unless of course, you're really enjoying it) and at our age, that's time we don't have to do all the stuff we've been putting off all of our lives, LOL

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't