Author Topic: I Know/Friends With This Notable Person...  (Read 14811 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: I Know/Friends With This Notable Person...
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »
WTF guys!?  G-man, Spot, Zelko -you guys know what I am talking about - so wait, Zelko, you are JRS merch? wtf man. . .killer stuff. . .you guys are making my day here.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »
Actually, I have a pretty funny story as well.  Years ago I was sitting in the family room of Bill Mathis.  Who was on the 1969 NY Jets Super Bowl team.  It was probably around 2001 or 2002.  And the subject of Peyton Manning comes up, I open my mouth and say something to the effect of "It's going to be really hard for Peyton to win a super bowl unless he could control turnovers." or something like that.  Peyton was struggling at that point in his career with bad passing choices under pressure i think.  At any rate, Bill says, yeah, when peyton was over at our house last year to watch the super bowl, blah blah blah.  Here i am talking about somebody like I know them because I happened to watch more ESPN than usual, talking to a guy that has peyton over to his house to watch the super bowl.  Yeah, I felt like an @ss.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 09:59:53 AM »

I shared a dressing room with Aerosmith for a week back in the 70's, and opened for BB King a couple of times. Us and 10,000 other bands ;D. That and a $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee. (first time I heard that expression, it was a dime)

Steve

I dated a girl who's dad was one of the original members of Aerosmith.
[/quote]

Shane, that would be Ray Tabano would it? He left just before they really took off.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »
WTF guys!?  G-man, Spot, Zelko -you guys know what I am talking about - so wait, Zelko, you are JRS merch? wtf man. . .killer stuff. . .you guys are making my day here.

I love me some Metal

Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »
Yeah back in the day @ JSR we would sometimes send the merch to David Gilmore, Debbie Harry, Chris Angel, Dog the Bounty Hunter etc for final approvals.
Zelko and the kids continue to pump out that kind of quality 18 hrs a day.
DD say hi to Travis.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »
Actually, I have a pretty funny story as well.  Years ago I was sitting in the family room of Bill Mathis.  Who was on the 1969 NY Jets Super Bowl team.  It was probably around 2001 or 2002.  And the subject of Peyton Manning comes up, I open my mouth and say something to the effect of "It's going to be really hard for Peyton to win a super bowl unless he could control turnovers." or something like that.  Peyton was struggling at that point in his career with bad passing choices under pressure i think.  At any rate, Bill says, yeah, when peyton was over at our house last year to watch the super bowl, blah blah blah.  Here i am talking about somebody like I know them because I happened to watch more ESPN than usual, talking to a guy that has peyton over to his house to watch the super bowl.  Yeah, I felt like an @ss.

One of the first times I sat down with the Rosburgs (billionaires) there was a lull in the conversation and I started to say "So James, what do you do?"  Then I quickly thought... "he does whatever the hell he damn well pleases... that's what he does you idiot!"  LOL

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:56 AM »
Yeah back in the day @ JSR we would sometimes send the merch to David Gilmore, Debbie Harry, Chris Angel, Dog the Bounty Hunter etc for final approvals.
Zelko and the kids continue to pump out that kind of quality 18 hrs a day.
DD say hi to Travis.

tony - travis says hello...

a few months ago Amanda Palmer came in for a tour of the shop - i wasnt expecting to actually meet her so when the owner introduced me, i didnt know what to say -  the only thing that came out of my mouth was "i love your eyebrows"  - she has some interesting design for eyebrows

i told my girlfriend - she said that she is friends with Amanda Palmers stepdaughter...   

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 11:54:30 AM »
I've been told Susan Summers is like my 8th Cousin.  Does that count? ???

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »
I've been told Susan Summers is like my 8th Cousin.  Does that count? ???

Pushing it   ;)

I was high school classmates with a girl, who's dad, Fred Cox was a MN Vikings kicker back in the day. Fred Cox invented the Nerf Football. Not the material but the idea to shape the material into a football. Something like he wanted to practice kicking without the repeated impact on his foot.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:19:42 PM by Fresh Baked Printing »
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 12:13:42 PM »
Wow, I got nothing. Must be why I am in this biz.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
You know its kinda funny when people talk about being kin to a star or know them people your talking to act as if the star was born by themseleves and have no family  LOL,  they had to come from some where.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
Oh yeah... Sammy Kershaw (country singer) worked for my father... stole some of his tools too. ;)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 04:07:24 PM »
Oh yeah... Sammy Kershaw (country singer) worked for my father... stole some of his tools too. ;)

Thanks Gilligan that sh!t was funny I needed a laugh for today.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »

I shared a dressing room with Aerosmith for a week back in the 70's, and opened for BB King a couple of times. Us and 10,000 other bands ;D. That and a $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee. (first time I heard that expression, it was a dime)

Steve

I dated a girl who's dad was one of the original members of Aerosmith.

Shane, that would be Ray Tabano would it? He left just before they really took off.
[/quote]

I think that is the dude. She had a different last name than her dad though. She told me he quit to start a family and then they blew up or something like that.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 07:48:23 AM »
used to work with Cindy Crawfords step dad and did my banking with her mom.......