Author Topic: I am doing some inventing again...  (Read 7121 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I am doing some inventing again...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »
gilligan asked me about welfare, he thought i didn't believe in it.  Simple as that.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
MK... HOOK US UP!!

That is the one thing I hate doing the most also... cleaning squeegees.  I think I just need a squeegee for every color and be done with it!

I have a squeegee dedicated for every color 16" and left chest size and some others that I have to clean. I've found metal handle squeegies to be the easiest to wipe down so I'm trying to slowly replace those ones I clean with metal handles. I'll also use the same squeegie for red,orange,and pink.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »
I've got plans for round 2 of my reg unit, squeegie sharpeners and a self cleaning screen booth. . .all in my new building. While we are at it, WHY are squeegie sharpeners SO damn expensive and why are they 96" long? I need one badly and I can't justify 1500.00, even 800 for a used one. If my plans come together, I will be selling all this stuff.

What is the deal with this squeegie cleaner? Sounds like something I would use....hmm...

fimor make one for about a grand. It is only about 24 wide. Seems pretty easy to use too. They are the ppl that make the 55/90/55 blades. . .
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »
RJennings had plans on how to make your own sharper.

http://www.rjennings.com/Squeegee-Sharpener_p_348.html

Offline squeegee

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »
I've always wanted an automated way of cleaning squeegees, floods, ink knives, buckets etc.  I've looked before, was quoted on a Rhino something a while back, it was several K, several more K than I'd be willing to pay, but I still think the parts washer method is a wasted labor.

Tony was this the unit you remember?  Looks just like your description, brushes, compressed air.

http://www.fimor.fr/en/maintenance-equipment/serilor-blade-runner-squeegee-washer.html

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 03:35:15 PM »
$1,000 seems kinda steep.  I think I can do one cheaper...much cheaper and much smaller.  I also have some of the parts here that I need, so it's hard to say the exact cost.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 03:38:15 PM »
$1,000 seems kinda steep.  I think I can do one cheaper...much cheaper and much smaller.  I also have some of the parts here that I need, so it's hard to say the exact cost.

I'd pay $1K without blinking an eye as long as it works and really saves time.  The thing about the Fimor is it's not really "automated".  I want to plop in 10 squeegees, 10 floods and some ink knives, turn it on, come back in 20 minutes or whatever to clean tools.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »
I guess you have to look at cost vs. time saved.  If you are running a shop with multiple autos and going through between 30-40 squeegees a day, than $1k to cut your time in half is a good investment.  If you are a shop like mine with 1 auto, $1k isn't a good deal.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »
True.  It would pay off for me in a matter of months, I'd pay more in fact for something that works.  There's nothing like waiting around for squeegees to get cleaned, I can't even quantify the loss in productivity at certain times.  It's sort of like using an ink mixer vs. a drill.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 04:02:03 PM »
mine will be a totally homemade solution to this problem.  Hopefully it will work well. 

Offline squeegee

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
Would love to see what you come up with ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:32:49 PM by squeegee »

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 04:35:43 PM »
What?  You cannot wait for my system? ::) ::) ::)
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 04:37:58 PM »
Wait, isn't yours for screens?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 06:31:51 PM »
Wait, isn't yours for screens?
It is for the whole magilla.  Screens to reclaim.  Screens to develop.  Parts to wash.  All with no splashing or dirty hands...hopefully.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 06:41:12 PM »
 a squeegee cleaner is a great idea, my first thought on reading your post went directly to a three brush set up like  this device

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200326663_200326663?cm_sp=Upsells-_-Top%20Sellers-_-Product%20Page

all you need is 3 typical scrub brushes molded plastic types should work just fine for bolting down resisting water etc softer bristles will be better one on each side and one on the bottom load em up with cleaner and soap and side those squeegees . Should clean them sparkling clean in no time and for just a few bucks and some sweat equity.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.