Author Topic: Allmade - Blank Garments  (Read 2603 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Allmade - Blank Garments
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:00:16 PM »
Hey guys, I wanted to share this campaign with everyone here as we have such a powerful group of people. Last year I was approached by Ryan and his team at Ryonet to help get the ball moving on creating a company that can create a positive change through our resources. I would love to ask all my friends here to go check out the brand and what we are trying to create. Any help with the initial campaign would be huge as this is helping support our initial order of blanks that are being sewn as we speak. Here's a bit of info from an email body that we put together.

We know you care about how your shirts are made and we care too.

But what you may not know is that the way most shirts are made… well, it isn’t pretty.

Many of the 2 billion t-shirts purchased every year in the U.S. are produced by large-scale manufacturers, who often exploit lax environmental regulations and cheap labor in developing nations to produce cheap shirts in bulk. They then sell them to screen printers like us, who sell them to people like you.

No one feels good about this pattern. But for a long time, it’s felt like there’s no better choice. Ethically-made shirts can be expensive and choices are limited.

We’re here to tell you there is a choice.
We’re part of a collective of screen printers who have decided it’s time to break the pattern of exploitative manufacturing.
We’re launching a new line of affordable, high-quality blank t-shirts produced in a socially-responsible and environmentally-kind way.
Our shirts are made from recycled bottles and sustainably-grown natural fibers, and manufactured in Haiti by makers earning a living wage, supporting the Global Orphan Project.
We’ve started an Indiegogo campaign to fund our first production run of 67,000 t-shirts, which will create over 40 jobs at the GO Project’s production facility—paying Haitian makers 5x the typical wage, enough to keep families together.
We need your help. You can learn more about the project, and Allmade, on our Indiegogo page.

We’re excited about the opportunity to drive real, meaningful change within our industry, and for the world. We hope you are too.

Link to campaign -

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/allmade-shirts-you-can-feel-good-about-environment-recycling--3#/

Link to allmade website -

www.allmade.com

Really appreciate the support!

Danny
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Allmade - Blank Garments
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 02:40:09 PM »
If they are at all like the Recover brand shirts that are similar in branding... and made in Haiti.... they are not much fun to print on and have major bleed issues.

But I would love to see a few blanks.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:41:09 PM »
Hopefully if they are made by screen printers for screen printers they worked out those bugs...

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 03:09:40 PM »
If they are at all like the Recover brand shirts that are similar in branding... and made in Haiti.... they are not much fun to print on and have major bleed issues.

But I would love to see a few blanks.

Myself and others have been helping develop fabric, dyes, etc........ We would not produce a shirt that did not have printers in mind, as that was a major aspect for my involvement.

All the fabric is made/dyed in usa before hitting Haiti for sewing. 100% american made fabric here

Danny Gruninger

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »
Good to know Danny!

Are you able to use a low bleed white for the color blends?  Or do you need a poly white?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 03:40:16 PM »
Looks ok to me, is there proposed pricing available?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »
Good to know Danny!

Are you able to use a low bleed white for the color blends?  Or do you need a poly white?

Yes, in all the colors I have tested std low bleed inks have worked great. I'm really pushing dyes/dyeing process for non poly inks. We have some very nice tri blend using cotton/poly/modal that discharges really nice. Allmade will give printers like us an actual voice to create better printing garments. An apparel company that actually cares.

Danny Gruninger

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 05:03:33 PM »
Looks ok to me, is there proposed pricing available?

We do not have exact pricing yet but this will be in the ballpark range(slightly higher) then a next level,bella, etc.... On par with american apparel pricing and most likely lower then a company like alternative. Similar pricing to others in the same category though.

Danny Gruninger

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 05:18:24 PM »
Good to know Danny!

Yes, in all the colors I have tested std low bleed inks have worked great. I'm really pushing dyes/dyeing process for non poly inks. We have some very nice tri blend using cotton/poly/modal that discharges really nice. Allmade will give printers like us an actual voice to create better printing garments. An apparel company that actually cares.

Now that, is frikin awesome.

I am looking forward to seeing some of these garments.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
Sounds good, I will take a look.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 09:43:33 PM »
When will these be available for order? And directly from the company or through the usual distros like Alpha Border? Maybe later this year? Sounds neat. Sorry if I missed it but I didn't see it on the company web site either except to contact them and someone will get back to you. Sorry long day for me but sounds cool!