Author Topic: Film placement on screens for exposure  (Read 1805 times)

Offline docsscott

• Verified/Junior
Film placement on screens for exposure
« on: March 10, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »
Hey guys,
I'm not wanting an exact pre reg system here but more guidelines for quick placement on screens.
I just got a starlight, and as much as anything im looking forward to the space it's created for the boss' office.  :)
I have had a jimmied up old window frame with ruled lines for centre, FLC etc etc. prior to putting in drape back. I want to vacate this also.
Firstly Is there a marker to use on starlight glass that won't block UV and expose through?
Otherwise does anyone use carefully placed laser alignment such as what use to be advertised here to make lines across screen for film placement?
Or perhaps just a bit of film with a printed grid that can be lightly taped to the squeegee side of screen and then film taped on grid directly to substrate side...?
We cram multiple jobs on screen every which way and sideways so kinda need some sort of guides as to where works.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Cheers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Film placement on screens for exposure
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 08:21:05 AM »
we use a film sheet laid out to detail the newman rollers and the pallet association. We have attached two button snaps with GE silicone RTV to the to the glass that serve at registration points so our overlay sheet (registration sheet) goes on the glass in the same place every time.
We then can locate the job film on the glass where we want using the film template to show where the boundaries are such as the pallet and the screen itself.
The pictures here are most likely going to make more sense of it than my jibberish here. ask any questions

https://www.zoro.com/ge-watrprf-sealant-wbioseal-101oz-clear-ge5000/i/G0003482/?gclid=CM3m95TGztICFQhYDQodODYE_A

mooseman
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:29:58 AM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline docsscott

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:17:57 PM »
Cool, are you doing this on exposure unit. So film is shifted/slid into place under registration sheet?
Reg Sheet removed, screen placd, No tape required?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »
Exactly. Also on multi color jobs we will return the registration sheet over the first film (after exposure of that color screen) to the registration sheet so we can get the other films placed in the relatively close relationship. the other way we do it is to simply tape the first film to the glass shoot it and then place the second film registered to the first film, tape it down then pull the first film. Use the second film to locate the third film and so on. This way we never run out of movement and or micro adjustment to get all screens correctly associated & lined up on the press.
Hope this helps
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.