Author Topic: Letter from AlphaBroder and SanMar  (Read 8928 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Letter from AlphaBroder and SanMar
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:19 AM »
You contradicted yourself there.
So you're saying that if Trump trained them in coal mining, then those jobs would suddenly be needed?

That's not what I said at all..... I said "employees need a higher level of skills that mate to the needs of the economy".
There's no bright future for coal.

I was harassing you...my point was worker training is a waste of money.  A better bet is what I said, stop pushing kids into a 4 year degree.  Technical colleges should be filled to capacity.  You can't outsource or replace plumbers with robots.  I was reading an article that said I think 1/4 or 1/3 of UK government jobs could be replaced by computers, robots, and software.

Gilligan is on to something though.  I can see this as a way for Sanmar and Alpha to make more at least on their in house brands.

Offline Northland

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »

I was harassing you...my point was worker training is a waste of money.  A better bet is what I said, stop pushing kids into a 4 year degree.  Technical colleges should be filled to capacity.  You can't outsource or replace plumbers with robots.  I was reading an article that said I think 1/4 or 1/3 of UK government jobs could be replaced by computers, robots, and software.

Gilligan is on to something though.  I can see this as a way for Sanmar and Alpha to make more at least on their in house brands.

Well then... we agree on that. When I said worker training, I was meaning trade school and Tech college.

I got the annual report (today) from the Industrial Institute I graduated from, way back in 1976. For calendar year 2016, they had a placement rate of 99% (within the graduates field of study) and fielded 8.2 job inquires per graduate. Theses are building trades, robotics, computer technology and  industrial design jobs that start at $50K/yr. Tuition at one of these schools is comparable to Private college (about $35k/yr)... but there's work for a graduate the day they get their diploma (sometimes before graduation).

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »

Well then... we agree on that. When I said worker training, I was meaning trade school and Tech college.

I got the annual report (today) from the Industrial Institute I graduated from, way back in 1976. For calendar year 2016, they had a placement rate of 99% (within the graduates field of study) and fielded 8.2 job inquires per graduate. Theses are building trades, robotics, computer technology and  industrial design jobs that start at $50K/yr. Tuition at one of these schools is comparable to Private college (about $35k/yr)... but there's work for a graduate the day they get their diploma (sometimes before graduation).

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you.

99%?  I doubt those kids are still in their parents' basement.  I am sure you can find it, but what is the placement rate for colleges?  There are 2 college grads still living in their parent's basement right next door to us.  They have zero drive, it's pretty sad really.  All that money on art school and you made it that far...congrats.  Such is the story with that generation though, not all of them of course.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 10:51:42 PM »
I find it interesting that on one post people complain there are not enough US products, but when an action might be taken that might spark a change in that direction people shoot it down,  never mind none of these people offer up a solution or even attempt try to figure it out. Our debt is 105% of our GDP that has got to change how do you correct that? Spend less and make more. I know one thing for sure, if imports are too costly an opportunity to make it here and be profitable will open up. I am comfortable saying with 100 percent certainty if everything stays the same, there will be no improvements no change. Change is needed for growth in everything we do the economy is no different.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 08:06:38 AM »
None of this matters, in a few short years we will all be drones in the robot takeover.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
this is so much bull shirt...why are they not complaining about the corporate tax cut they are just as likely to get. We should all expect a 15 to 30% reduction in our costs to buy shirts based on that possibility alone!
if this works for them then we should get all of our customers to contact Alpha and Sanmar to bitch about the prices they have to pay us for the stuff we sell from Alpha & sanmar.......totally BS never ask your customers to save your business if you can't do it your self!!!!!!!
middle finger icon here
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.