Computers and Software > RIPs

Printing PS file through AccuRip

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stinkhorn Press:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on February 10, 2017, 09:58:17 AM ---I'm a little confused, a bitmap mode in PS is black and white, no grays to print as a halftone. We always save the file and print from Illustrator (I'm pretty sure CD does the same, but I don't use it, just assuming). Are you converting a grayscale image to bitmap using the halftone function to make dots? If so, then like others have pointed out, the white isn't 0%, but something higher... post an image if you have a chance...

Steve

--- End quote ---

sorry, bad language use. i live in a vector world - all things made up of dots to me are "bitmap" but i see that i'm not using the word properly (or how PS means that anyway). it is a GRAYSCALE image. i'm not converting anything, just printing from the print function box in PS using "accurip to 4880" as my printer. SHOULD i be somehow printing from Illy instead?

Stinkhorn Press:
unfortunately can't post an image, it's protected/paid property.

Dottonedan:
If it's greyscale, try converting to Multi channel and printing that way.  Sometimes just switching modes will work.

Doug B:
  If you are used to Corel, why don't you just import the PS file and print from there?

Frog:

--- Quote from: Stinkhorn Press on February 10, 2017, 10:04:06 AM ---unfortunately can't post an image, it's protected/paid property.

--- End quote ---

Sometimes in an instance like this, you could crop put a small, unrecognizable section that displays the problem, but not the image itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version