Computers and Software > RIPs

Printing PS file through AccuRip

<< < (3/3)

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on February 10, 2017, 09:58:17 AM ---I'm a little confused, a bitmap mode in PS is black and white, no grays to print as a halftone. We always save the file and print from Illustrator (I'm pretty sure CD does the same, but I don't use it, just assuming). Are you converting a grayscale image to bitmap using the halftone function to make dots? If so, then like others have pointed out, the white isn't 0%, but something higher... post an image if you have a chance...

Steve

--- End quote ---

Technically speaking, any "raster file" is a bitmap. But yes, Photoshop as a specific mode many of us use that converts to black or white. The thing to remember about bitmap mode is that this mode is independent. Meaning, that dot gain functions and program gain functions like photoshop color profiles, don't get applied.It's just that Photoshops bitmap (feature) changes it to either black or white more so for effects that happen to work for us printers well.

Stinkhorn Press:

--- Quote from: Doug B on February 10, 2017, 10:18:26 AM ---  If you are used to Corel, why don't you just import the PS file and print from there?

--- End quote ---

Corel Draw, the vector program. The Corel brand raster/bitmap program we barely touch.
we have, in the past, exported PS files to eps files and opened them from Illy to better control our registration marks, but that's killing a whole cow to eat a hamburger. And I'd love to be able to output from native programs when *stuff like this* doesn't get in the way...

--- Quote from: Dottonedan on February 10, 2017, 10:10:57 AM ---If it's greyscale, try converting to Multi channel and printing that way.  Sometimes just switching modes will work.

--- End quote ---

SUCCESS! thanks dan!! any ideas WHY that works?

1964GN:
I have never been able to print in multichannel. Everything always prints at 91% *shrug*

When in multichannel etc I will always convert to RGB or CMYK. Create 3 empty channels, move all 3 to the top of the channel list, Mode>RBG. This preserves your channels seps and then I print.

I get a lot of art in multichannel and always have to convert to RGB or CMYK in order to print the seps.

jsheridan:
Stop!...

It's a known issue go read the Accu rip knowledge base it's a problem with Photoshop

Edit.. where the heck did the knowledge base go and for that matter where did their website go?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version