Author Topic: Shirt Sample (Designer) Requests URL....  (Read 834 times)

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
Shirt Sample (Designer) Requests URL....
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »
We are working on a basic sample shirt request (designer) on our site. This is very basic and by no means a professional product. This is something that we would like feedback on. The overall look can be changed, so I'm really more interested in functionality and ease of use. There aren't instructions at this point, but we will have some when ready. We were thinking of putting this out there for people requesting sample products but also having the possibility of making this a product in the workflow process with a full back-end for ordering etc.

Again, any and all feedback is very much welcomed. We want to work out bugs and and or delete features.

http://samples.belquette.com/

Offline redwoodtees

Re: Shirt Sample (Designer) Requests URL....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:40:55 PM »
The center canvas does not look like a canvas. I spent a few minutes staring at it, wondering why there was an advertisement in the middle of the screen where I thought the canvas should be. It's really not clear.

The canvas is an orange rounded rectangle.. Seems like (1) the canvas should start out white instead of orange, and (2) the canvas should look more like a "canvas". And relocate the buttons in the 4 corners that obscure part of the canvas - those are really distracting.

Is there a way to specify placement on the shirt?

The tool to rotate, resize and re position elements is pretty, well, clunky. I'd push your developers to make the design elements directly draggable. It's probably more work, but substantially more intuitive for the user. And there should be some kind of feedback that (a) the elements are clickable, and (b) which element is selected. Also, the "spin" functions are hard to use. Elements seem to rotate about the left bottom corner rather than the center.

One of my pet peeves is buttons that don't act like buttons. There should be some kind of visual feedback when you hover over a button or other clickable element (color change, cursor change, underline, etc).

Chris

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »
While typing text, and hitting the return key, it kicked me out. gave me an error code 404.shtml
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »
Awesome so far, thanks!